Need a new pedalboard... Let's chat!

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I have been using the largest Pedaltrain Pro with it's hard case for over 15 years. Works and no issues. Wanting a change. Want to be able to put my FM3, FC12, Shure GLXD wireless, my Mipro half rack wireless in ear monitor and a Voodoo power supply.

Want LED and hookup for power and cabling easy from side. Biggest question is getting the Mipro half rack unit in a board. Ideas? Companies?

I like Temple Boards.
20200920_162326.jpg

A new pedalboard. I've forgotten what a logistical nightmare those can be. Planning for D-Day was probably less of a hassle.

Temple's online planning tool was up to the task of helping me decide which of their boards to get. In order to save 6 critical inches, I opted to get custom 21" Duo boards instead of 24" Duos or 21" Trios. Gotta work with the room I have....

I like your cat. :hearteyecat:
Me too. Sadly, the OL's MS medication and cat allergy didn't mix, and per doctor's orders, forced me to rehome her with a friend near San Diego. It's only a 6-7 hour drive to go see my cat now. :(

I didn't like the angle of available pedal boards. I built my first one out of thick plexi (Liquid foot jr+ and 1 mission pedal). When I added a second mission pedal and 2 button foot switch I built a frame out of 1/4" steel tubing that I attached the plexi to which took all the flex out of the board. EXTREMELY cheap and exactly what I wanted. DIY, might be your friend.

I didn't like the angle of available pedal boards. I built my first one out of thick plexi (Liquid foot jr+ and 1 mission pedal). When I added a second mission pedal and 2 button foot switch I built a frame out of 1/4" steel tubing that I attached the plexi to which took all the flex out of the board. EXTREMELY cheap and exactly what I wanted. DIY, might be your friend.

No, DIY IS your friend. Being able to fix your own gear will save you so much money! Which you can then waste on building even more gear then you ever would have gotten in the first place.

Me too. Sadly, the OL's MS medication and cat allergy didn't mix, and per doctor's orders, forced me to rehome her with a friend near San Diego. It's only a 6-7 hour drive to go see my cat now. :(

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!!! :eek::eek:

I have always built my own- only way to configure exactly how you want. This one was built along the lines of the previously mentioned Schmidt Array, only $1k cheaper. If you want an easier build, I'd suggest figuring out your overall board size, then finding a mixer case/ pedal bag/ suitcase carrying device, then build to fit case. Much more difficult building board then hoping you can find a case it fits in.

IMG_3597.jpeg

IMG_3595.jpegIMG_3596.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3597.jpeg
    IMG_3597.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3595.jpeg
    IMG_3595.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 4
I have always built my own- only way to configure exactly how you want. This one was built along the lines of the previously mentioned Schmidt Array, only $1k cheaper. If you want an easier build, I'd suggest figuring out your overall board size, then finding a mixer case/ pedal bag/ suitcase carrying device, then build to fit case. Much more difficult building board then hoping you can find a case it fits in.

View attachment 77002

View attachment 77003View attachment 77004
You sure you didn't just buy a SA and take the logo off?

View attachment 77002

View attachment 77003View attachment 77004
Nice! This is how it should be done.

Temple's online planning tool was up to the task of helping me decide which of their boards to get. In order to save 6 critical inches, I opted to get custom 21" Duo boards instead of 24" Duos or 21" Trios. Gotta work with the room I have....

I've just laid out a Temple Duo 34 to hold my FM3, FC6 and two EV1s. Did their prepunched holes line up with your FC6 screw holes/feet or did you use their mounting system?

I've just laid out a Temple Duo 34 to hold my FM3, FC6 and two EV1s. Did their prepunched holes line up with your FC6 screw holes/feet or did you use their mounting system?
I used their mounting system with @ZenRigs Man 's risers and extra Temple double-sided tape pieces. 4 of the Temple medium size effect mounts make a super-secure mounting for an FC6. 2 mediums for the pedals....

I mounted both my FC-6 (When I had it) and my FC-12 to my Temple board with screws, the holes line up just fine. I cannot remember the size of screw I used but I know the info is in the FC section of the forum.

If you’re going to do Temple, do yourself a favor and just put Velcro on them like a normal person instead of using their plates. Plates are just annoying IMO - the pedal is never quite in the position I want, and awkward to use when off the pedalboard.

If you’re going to do Temple, do yourself a favor and just put Velcro on them like a normal person instead of using their plates. Plates are just annoying IMO - the pedal is never quite in the position I want, and awkward to use when off the pedalboard.
I'll probably wait and see if I can use the screws like Rich5150 suggested. That's how I had my MFC 101 on my Furman SPB-8, which is a great clamshell style pedalboard but not wide enough now. I'd also prefer not have a sheet of velcro semi-permanently adhered to the bottom of the FM3 or FC6.

Screws are a valid option, just not plates, as you have to even more permanently adhere those to your pedals and they’re much harder to remove. IMO of course, to each his own.

Back
Top Bottom