Need a little help setting up MFC for use w/personal presets

frankiev

Experienced
Up until now Ive used the MFC with the stock presets(some modified ) as Ive only been playing at home . Im going to be playing with some friends next weekend and I want to set up some of my own presets ,also Ill use some of the presets Ive found on this forum . I will need some advice on how to use the MFC . Currently it works great with the stock presets ,turning on and off effects and sync with axe edit .My confusion is regarding using my own presets and how to control the effects states . Do I use ithe MFC in axefx mode? Do I have to set up the ia's to control my effects or will the stock settings work ? If I use axe edit to load the presets rather than store them on the Axe 2 itself will it stil sync with the MFC ? As you can see Im a little lost on this . Any advice greatly appreciated .

The 17 IA buttons (via reveal) will only control what they are assigned to. So if you have the MFC in stock settings and have a preset with a synth block you want to turn on and off, it will not be available unless you assign it to one of the 17 IA switches or if you have an external switch hooked up to the MFC. If you are using just the basics, then yeah, everything should be fine. Use the MFC in Axe-fx mode. Axe-edit does not track the on and off states of CC#'s, only program changes. So, it will change with the Axe and the MFC, but you will not see your drive blocks coming on and off in Axe-edit.

Back
Top Bottom