Need a little help choosing a Flightcase/Rack

Guitarjon

Fractal Fanatic
For my birthday I am going to buy a case/rack for my Axe Fx II.
I don't have any experience with racks so that's why I need your help.
I would like to have a rack where only the axe II fits in, so there is no need for extra space.
It would be great if it has handles to carry it, I don't mind the outside being soft/fabric as long as it is sturdy and reliable.
I live in Holland, so I probably will be ordering at Thomann.
I was looking at units such as these:

Gator GR-2S - Thomann Nederlandse Cyberstore
Gator GR-2L - Thomann Nederlandse Cyberstore
Gator GSR 2U - Thomann Nederlandse Cyberstore

Will the Axe fit those units?
Are there other better options around that pricerange?
Wich one would you choose and why?
Thanks!

The 2S isn't deep enough, I had one (the 4U version) and my axe 1 fit all right, but the axe II is deeper: it *barely* fits and keeping cables on is out of the question. The axe II is something like 1cm too deep, you can still close the hatch as it is rounded but I felt that was too risky to keep it that way.

As to quality of the cases, they look line they'll break if dropped. they're ok for storage or moving your stuff in your car yourself with care, but that's it.

I went with an SKB RLX case, much sturdier, has wheels (I need 6U as I add a poweramp, a conditioner and a racked sound card for my "not in my apartment" rig.) but of course a bit more expensive.
I'd advise you take at least 3U and add a power conditioner if you plan to move it to places other than your home.

Back
Top Bottom