Need a little Guidance - Amp/Cab Choices

@ Bishop

What product did you use to wrap your chords? I was looking for something similar to make it nice and tidey.

I would go for Scarlett 6i6 to get the S/PDIF input.
Thx is that for re-amping purposes? Noob here and I saw a lot of spidf comments that went way over my head trying to follow :)

Also is ASM12 and ASC12 basically same minus shape?

Thx is that for re-amping purposes? Noob here and I saw a lot of spidf comments that went way over my head trying to follow :)

Just so you can skip the digital -> analog -> digital conversion when sending the signal from AX8 to the interface. And 6i6 is not much more expensive than 2i4. AX8 does not have S/PDIF input so re-amping has to be done with analog outputs from the interface.

Just so you can skip the digital -> analog -> digital conversion when sending the signal from AX8 to the interface. And 6i6 is not much more expensive than 2i4. AX8 does not have S/PDIF input so re-amping has to be done with analog outputs from the interface.
TY Sir. I appreciate that info, 6i6 it is.

I have 2 ASM's but I rarely play through both. I just keep one at home and one at the studio. Unless you are planning to play with stereo delays or stereo chorus you'll probably be fine just buying one.

I have 2 ASM's but I rarely play through both. I just keep one at home and one at the studio. Unless you are planning to play with stereo delays or stereo chorus you'll probably be fine just buying one.
Making me think. I also own a Mesa 50:50 from the very early 90s with fresh tubes and I ran the AX8 through that and it was amazing with the amp modelling ON, cabs bypassed. I ran this through an old Randall 4x12.

I'm still going forward to try out at least one ASM12. If I like it then I'll get that second one. A lot easier than getting two and realizing it wasn't the best solution for me personally. If its anything as good as the Mesa 50:50 poweramp + 4x12 then I'll prob be very happy. I'm eager to see how the AX8 sounds through an FRFR setup where I can just have EVERYTHING ON....

Making me think. I also own a Mesa 50:50 from the very early 90s with fresh tubes and I ran the AX8 through that and it was amazing with the amp modelling ON, cabs bypassed. I ran this through an old Randall 4x12.

I'm still going forward to try out at least one ASM12. If I like it then I'll get that second one. A lot easier than getting two and realizing it wasn't the best solution for me personally. If its anything as good as the Mesa 50:50 poweramp + 4x12 then I'll prob be very happy. I'm eager to see how the AX8 sounds through an FRFR setup where I can just have EVERYTHING ON....
I have a 50:50 and played the AX8 (cabs sim off) through it into a Mesa Recto 2x12 - its killer !

Back
Top Bottom