Need a good David Gilmour/"Comfortably Numb" Preset

TenorKeith

Inspired
Hey all,
I looked in Axe-Change but didn't find anything. Does anyone have a really good David Gilmour preset for FM3? I'm specifically looking for a Comfortably Numb solo type sound. I know there's the Mr. Gilmour preset, but it's not quite doing it for me.
Thanks!

I can too recommend fremens floyd pack, am also I very satisfied with austin buddys FM3 gold pack that has "Brite Hiwatt DR103 FM3" and GilmourishLead scene, which I modified slightly and that gave a heck of a gilmour tone (added compressor and bbpre drive before pifuzz at least, dont recall what else I did from memory but I always want to have a drive boost before muff type of pedal)

On that topic, York Audio has a new Hiwatt 412 IR pack with the Purple Fane 50W speakers.

One of the IRs in the pack (NUMB) is matched to the solo tone in CN. Very nice. It's a "Lite" version, only $10

The @Moke presets sound incredible.

I don't see anything in the John Mayer clean realm....
Something I'm missing, or any future plans to tackle Mayer (Continuum-era) SC/Strat tones?
Haven't gone there yet. Most of what is in my store were tones that I use/used in my band, previous 'personal' custom presets, stuff that just seemed challenging, or requests that I felt I could do justice to.

I tend to stay in my lane, but occasionally go out of my comfort zone, which always helps you grow.

Haven't gone there yet. Most of what is in my store were tones that I use/used in my band, previous 'personal' custom presets, stuff that just seemed challenging, or requests that I felt I could do justice to.
Well all the clips I heard absolutely sound outstanding. You have a great ear.

I tend to stay in my lane, but occasionally go out of my comfort zone, which always helps you grow.
Brand new FM3 user here. So do you have an FM3 specific version of the Comfortably Numb patch? Or will it work fine using the Axe-FX III version on the FM3?

edit: I see now that you have a different menu for FM3 specific patches. So I have EMG DG20 Active Single coil pickups, what do you think are your best picks for these pickups? Looking for Comfortably Numb PULSE tone as well as album version, Shine On, Coming to Life, etc.

Brand new FM3 user here. So do you have an FM3 specific version of the Comfortably Numb patch? Or will it work fine using the Axe-FX III version on the FM3?

edit: I see now that you have a different menu for FM3 specific patches. So I have EMG DG20 Active Single coil pickups, what do you think are your best picks for these pickups? Looking for Comfortably Numb PULSE tone as well as album version, Shine On, Coming to Life, etc.
I don't have any experience with those EMG DG20 pickups, but I assume that the 'Single Coil' version would be best. You might have to lower the 'Input Trim' parameter in the Amp block if they are much hotter than typical single coils.

I also have a more generic 'Gilmour' tone in the store. It's based on his live tone from the 'Delicate Sound of Thunder' live album.

The playing and technique in the demo video are selling the pack because HE sounds like Gilmour, but I don't really think that these tones and amp models in this FM3 pack sound very much like Floyd/Gilmour. The Floyd presets on his Helix demo video sound more authentic to me, for example. I only bring this up because I play a lot of Pink Floyd songs myself, and while looking at various modelers this has dissuaded me from getting a FM3.

The playing and technique in the demo video are selling the pack because HE sounds like Gilmour, but I don't really think that these tones and amp models in this FM3 pack sound very much like Floyd/Gilmour. The Floyd presets on his Helix demo video sound more authentic to me, for example. I only bring this up because I play a lot of Pink Floyd songs myself, and while looking at various modelers this has dissuaded me from getting a FM3.
totally agree

Back
Top Bottom