Neck PU to pair with DiMarzio SD

Justincase

Power User
Just put a Super distortion in my HH ibanez RG 1420 10th anniversary prestige. Pickups are direct mount basswood body. Anyone got suggestions as to a good match to put in the neck position? Looking for warm clarity without mud.

Thanks

Warm clarity without mud is exactly what an Air Norton does.

I originally wanted to go with the tone zone/ air norton set but ran across a brand new SD for 50 dollars. Just wasn't sure if the AN would pair well with it.
Thanks

I originally wanted to go with the tone zone/ air norton set but ran across a brand new SD for 50 dollars. Just wasn't sure if the AN would pair well with it.
Thanks
I've tried AN with both Duncan JB and the DSD, pairs well with both. The Tone Zone I find just too muddy, so I'd say you dodged a bullet. :)

I have a pad pro and is a good neck pickup. Air Norton is a bit muddy ime but I have the rail version... not sure if the full size humbucker is different

Quick clip, start on the bridge PU, you'll hear when I switch :).

Attached the preset for reference.

Attachments

• ANtest.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 1
After a lot of neck pickup swaps I'm running a bridge Norton (not air) in the neck position and enjoying it.

Any quality PAF type will be great. Warmth, clarity and because it is in the neck it will balance for volume.

The Dimarzio 36th anniversary in the neck works beautifully with the SD. I had this on my Dave Murray US strat and it turned out to be an amazing combination.

I also had the 36th anniversary and it is a great neck pup, and the Air Norton also I had it on some guitars, the single coil format and never found it muddy, I remember thought on the bass side it was pretty low.

Back
Top Bottom