Neat Christmas cover: rock version of Mr. Grinch

I want that guitar patch. Any idea what the signal path is? I hear an octave in there...

To me it sounds like a an Electro Harmonix POG or HOG. (But I've never played either, only heard clips online and on some studio recordings.)

EDIT: Maybe something like this:
(timecoded link to 65 seconds)

Last edited:
The pog is killer...I’ve not tried to do this with the axe, Anyone around here played with doing this on the axe?

The pog is killer...I’ve not tried to do this with the axe, Anyone around here played with doing this on the axe?

Here's a thread from a few years ago where this was discussed, with a preset too:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/anyone-had-any-luck-replicating-the-pog.44405/#post-583926

However, that's focused on single-note stuff, and I'm under the impression that the POG does a better job than the Axe-Fx when it comes to tracking multiple notes at once (like the clean stuff in the Grinch video).

I didn't expect to be discussing the guitar tone in this video; it's interesting, but I thought the vocals were the highlight by far! (But I guess on this forum we're mostly guitarists on a tone quest.) :)

Bump for Christmas weekend in case anyone missed it the first time. I've been listening to this a few times a day this whole month and still really enjoying it.

Our band has added this to our set list. Our singer doesn't quite have the same set of pipes as the guy in the video, but he still belts it, and the crowd eats it up.

That's awesome! I think I secretly gonna add it to my wife's cute Christmas playlist it needs some spice as you do!

DAMN! I grew up with that song every year... This version kicks serious ass and holy hell does that guy have a set of pipes!

Back
Top Bottom