Nearly finished my new case! OCD content inside

SOAWM

Inspired
For about the past year I've been using a 3u Rockbag, but unfortunately the quality left much to be desired. Almost all metal hardware (zippers, strap, ...) broke down and to be honest I don't want to carry around my gear in something that isn't protective enough.

A couple of days ago I received my semi-custom flightcase from Castle Cases in the UK. It's a 3u case with Astro Board panels instead of wood, a comfortable handle and rings to attach a shoulder strap to. The case is 1,5kg lighter than my rockbag. I redid my patchbay and it's nearly finished. Only need to solder up the midi-cables and maybe a jack for an extra input when someone wants to jam along.

Pictures say more than a thousand words! But if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Where did you get the strap?

It's quite deep, isn't it?
Probably because of the patchbay behind the Axe?

Where did you get the strap?

It's quite deep, isn't it?
Probably because of the patchbay behind the Axe?

I intended to buy a new strap, but it was nearly impossible to find a good one. So I opted to reuse the strap from my Rockbag. Since one of the clips broke of I'm using a carabiner at the moment.

The case is indeed quite deep, but it was one of the standard sizes of the company (50cm from rail to rail). But this gives me a comfortable amount of room to work with for the patchbay and to install by wireless in the back

Looks nice, and very rugged. Personally, I would have put the Matrix on top to reduce the amount of heat in the Axe Fx.

Yeah, with the boards sitting on the bottom of the axe, perhaps it would have been better to mount the amp above. It looks really great though. Very clean. :thumbsup:

Looks nice, and very rugged. Personally, I would have put the Matrix on top to reduce the amount of heat in the Axe Fx.

In the past I always had the Matrix at the bottom, since it was a little more convenient to wire everything up. Never experienced any heat issues. This case has more airflow than the rockbag, so everything wil be fine!

Looks great!

Did you make the interface panel yourself?

I indeed made the panel and cabling myself ;)

Yeah, with the boards sitting on the bottom of the axe, perhaps it would have been better to mount the amp above. It looks really great though. Very clean. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the comment!

Cool case. Would you trust it to airlines? Is it shock mounted? Cost?

Although the case is made from high quality components, I wouldn't really trust airlines with this rig. I went for a lightweight (case weighs 6,5kg), portable solutions since I'm not a touring player. We only play locally and this only involves us loading our gear in cars. Castle Cases also offers shockmounted cases and the prices are stated on their website ;)

Back
Top Bottom