Neal Schon's pedalboard and MFC-101

spv

Inspired
Here's a pic from Wednesday's Journey concert in Atlanta -- you can see the MFC-101 in plain sight on his pedalboard. Was a great show btw, with Steve Smith on drums, Ross Valory on bass, Jonathan Cain on keys and Arnel Pineda on vocals.IMG_6823 crop.jpg

It's priorities, he spends his money on gear instead of nice clothes. Or maybe he wears the nice clothes when he's
not working..... I dunno.:confused:

Reactions: spv
So is Neal using AXE FX2 for amp models now? BTW - The guy is a truly amazing guitarist. Way underrated.

So is Neal using AXE FX2 for amp models now? BTW - The guy is a truly amazing guitarist. Way underrated.

I was thinking about that as well. No backline on stage at all (there were the small mesa speaker cabinets behind Neal) and no monitors either. Real clean look on stage. All the players had in-ear monitors (you can see it quite prominently in the photo). Neal used an expression pedal to change his tone slightly between rhythm and solos. And his tone was certainly good enough to have been Axe FX2-generated! My take from all of that is that he was using an Axe rig with an expression pedal to dial in a drive pedal, a boost or a parallel amp real-time for solos... gave me some ideas about my go-to presets! Even though I was close, I didn't get the chance to ask him ;-)

Last time I saw them he was playing a Diezel VH4.....

Quite possibly one of the most underrated guitarists of all time, love Journey, and Arnel has a voice that should not belong to such a small guy.

I have always been a fan. He's really a superb player; great melodic feel (one can sing his solos) but also is happy to shred... Does not abridge the solos in a live setting either!

Neal always is trying new amps along side the AXEFX. He currently is using the Mesa JP2C. He used the Mark IIC+ back in the 80s.

Back
Top Bottom