Neal Schon live rig pics - Ultras and MFC included

I much preferred his old Les Paul/Marshall sound to tell the truth .... but I'm sure he doesn't give a damn what I think :)

We programmed his MFC-101 to control the Roland Guitar synth as well as the Axe-Fx. Some of the features in firmware 1.02 for the MFC were in fact the result of that session! :)

Hey Mat,

Can you elaborate more on Neal's setup? Such as, what amp/cab models he likes.
"It’s light years beyond anything I’ve played,” he beams. “It’s loaded, man. It’s a processor, but it doesn’t sound or react like a processor. I’ve been able to get any sound I want out of it. [One of my favourites] is a brown-sounding Marshall with the mic away from the speakers just a bit.”

Thanks, I saw that quote but I thought maybe Mat could narrow it down 'cause there's actually a few "brown" sounding models in the Axe. I'm sure as far as cabs go, it's probably a Greenback although the Black Star cabs have V30's in them.

I wonder what happened with Gibson. Is the Les Paul axcess a take off of his signature Gibson guitar?

According to the article published in August Guitarist mag (UK), which is basically the same as seen in the OP, he claims that Gibson refused to produce any more of his signature model (ie basically the Axcess with Floyd Rose and Sustainer unit) due to costs. So in his own words he 'bailed' on them. Their loss IMO. The original 200 produced sold as soon as they were released so there would have been scope to produce another batch or two I reckon.

He's apparently in discussion with Paul Reed Smith about getting a new signature model. So I'm surmising that part of the endorsement deal is that he uses the customised PRS single cut for now until the new model is ready.

Back
Top Bottom