Neal Schon and Fractal

Brian Coonan

Power User
I thought this was pretty cool - one that he uses Fractal gear and sounds amazing (and of course is a monster guitar player!), but also that he took the time to reply himself. That's classy. He had posted a video of a guitar solo from one of the shows and it was freaking awesome.

Attachments

• IMG_7944.PNG
    IMG_7944.PNG
    250.8 KB · Views: 251
That is pretty cool. I'm glad he's liking the sound he's getting, as it says a lot about the ability of the Axe Fx to cover all the ground he has on their records.

Not only his work with Journey, but also as a solo artist. He has released some outstanding work as a solo artist. Electric World and Beyond the Thunder come immediately to mind.

Would that qualify as a oxymoron? Like Eddie Van Halen doing a solo album. :confused:

Would that qualify as a oxymoron? Like Eddie Van Halen doing a solo album. :confused:
Oxymoron? I'm thinking no. Both of the albums mentioned are very different from his work with Journey. Actually, both of the albums mentioned are very different from each other as well. I was making the point that stylistically, he is a very versatile. His work with Journey is outstanding, but his work on other albums demonstrates how versatile and adept he is as a player. A guitarist's guitarist.

Oxymoron? I'm thinking no. Both of the albums mentioned are very different from his work with Journey. Actually, both of the albums mentioned are very different from each other as well. I was making the point that stylistically, he is a very versatile. His work with Journey is outstanding, but his work on other albums demonstrates how versatile and adept he is as a player. A guitarist's guitarist.

Hey John I meant know disrespect..
It just seemed funny to me based on Neil is Journey.. Nothing more..

Hey John I meant know disrespect..
It just seemed funny to me based on Neil is Journey.. Nothing more..
Thanks for the reply ATR1. No offense taken at all. Look on the bright side. It gave me another opportunity to acknowledge Neal's contribution to the vocabulary of guitar. All's cool bro.

Zoom in, you can see what models on the foot controller... HBE, Shiva.... and what the right pedals do... delay mix, reverb mix, whammy, wah...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom