NBD - Fender Boxer

Hellbat

Fractal Fanatic
While I've been playing guitar for over 40 years now, I've never owned a bass. My older brother has played bass my whole life so I would frequently noodle on his but never got my own. I figured since I have an AXE FX and FM3 I might as well have a bass so I can record it for my own backing tracks. Anyways, I picked up this Japanese built 2021 Fender Boxer bass.

BoxerBass.jpg

For some reason, Fender's site doesn't have a current page for it, maybe Covid has made them impossible to get more of? Anyways, here's the info from the google cache of their page as far as specs...

The Made in Japan Boxer™ Series recreates a classic Fender collection from the late ‘80s. Designed for high-performance players, each Boxer Series instrument comes equipped with high-output pickups, speedy necks and advanced electronics.
The Boxer™ Precision Bass® combines a high output P-Bass® split-coil pickup with a hot Jazz Bass® single-coil pickup, independent volume controls and a TBX™ tone control for super-flexible sonic options perfect for nearly any playing style. These basses feature a Medium “C”-shaped maple neck with a 12” radius rosewood fingerboard and 20 jumbo frets for comfortable, modern playability.

FEATURES​

• Basswood Body
  • Boxer™ Series PJ Pickups
  • Medium “C” neck; 12” radius rosewood fingerboard; 20 Jumbo Frets
  • TBX™ Treble Bass Expander Tone Control
  • Black Painted Headstock
The basswood body is super light, I would estimate the bass comes in under 8lbs.

That's a cool looking bass. It is amazing how different a guitar can look just by omitting the pick guard.

Cool bass. Now we’re going to need a photo that shows the rest of that beauty to the right of it.

Back
Top Bottom