NBD - Dingwall NG3 6-string!

Doesn't look like it'll sound anything like a jazz or precision. If not, what does it sound like?

What a gorgeous design. I have played a few Dingwall basses, and they've all been amazingly responsive.

Looking forward to the videos...especially listening to the sounds of the various pickup combinations, and how they interact with a decent amp/cab sound.

I know the sound of a J-bass; I know the sound of a P-bass; I know the sound of a 1-pickup Music Man StingRay; and I even know the sound of an old Curbow bass with a way-beyond-ergonomic design and Bartolini active pickups. (Loved the Curbow design, but I didn't feel like the active pickups had any mojo.)

But, looking at those three pickups, I'm drawing a blank. I don't know what they are; I don't know why there needs to be three of them; I don't know why the three of them could vary much in tone since they're so close together whereas the neck and bridge pickups are usually further apart; I can't imagine what their overall character will be; I can't predict how they'll interact with the differing scale-lengths; I can't predict how they'll interact with an Ampeg SVT (or any other known-quantity bass amp).

And, yeesh, five knobs?!

So, to me, it looks cool, but is a giant sonic question-mark. ❓ :p ❓

Looking forward to the videos...especially listening to the sounds of the various pickup combinations, and how they interact with a decent amp/cab sound.

I know the sound of a J-bass; I know the sound of a P-bass; I know the sound of a 1-pickup Music Man StingRay; and I even know the sound of an old Curbow bass with a way-beyond-ergonomic design and Bartolini active pickups. (Loved the Curbow design, but I didn't feel like the active pickups had any mojo.)

But, looking at those three pickups, I'm drawing a blank. I don't know what they are; I don't know why there needs to be three of them; I don't know why the three of them could vary much in tone since they're so close together whereas the neck and bridge pickups are usually further apart; I can't imagine what their overall character will be; I can't predict how they'll interact with the differing scale-lengths; I can't predict how they'll interact with an Ampeg SVT (or any other known-quantity bass amp).

And, yeesh, five knobs?!

So, to me, it looks cool, but is a giant sonic question-mark. ❓ :p ❓
Check out any Dingwall video online and you'll get a pretty good idea :D

Congrats!

I've wanted a Dingwall bass since I became aware of them.

Unfortunately they make no basses with a 28 inch or 32 inch scale which is mostly what I play due to carpal tunnel issues and my T-Rex hands..

Maybe one day they will make a shorter scale bass.

Back
Top Bottom