• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

NBD - Dingwall NG3 6-string!

solo-act

Fractal Fanatic
Doesn't look like it'll sound anything like a jazz or precision. If not, what does it sound like?

Sleestak

Power User
What a gorgeous design. I have played a few Dingwall basses, and they've all been amazingly responsive.

Dr. Dipwad

Experienced
Looking forward to the videos...especially listening to the sounds of the various pickup combinations, and how they interact with a decent amp/cab sound.

I know the sound of a J-bass; I know the sound of a P-bass; I know the sound of a 1-pickup Music Man StingRay; and I even know the sound of an old Curbow bass with a way-beyond-ergonomic design and Bartolini active pickups. (Loved the Curbow design, but I didn't feel like the active pickups had any mojo.)

But, looking at those three pickups, I'm drawing a blank. I don't know what they are; I don't know why there needs to be three of them; I don't know why the three of them could vary much in tone since they're so close together whereas the neck and bridge pickups are usually further apart; I can't imagine what their overall character will be; I can't predict how they'll interact with the differing scale-lengths; I can't predict how they'll interact with an Ampeg SVT (or any other known-quantity bass amp).

And, yeesh, five knobs?!

So, to me, it looks cool, but is a giant sonic question-mark. ❓ :p ❓

MackieFX

Inspired
Looking forward to the videos...especially listening to the sounds of the various pickup combinations, and how they interact with a decent amp/cab sound.

I know the sound of a J-bass; I know the sound of a P-bass; I know the sound of a 1-pickup Music Man StingRay; and I even know the sound of an old Curbow bass with a way-beyond-ergonomic design and Bartolini active pickups. (Loved the Curbow design, but I didn't feel like the active pickups had any mojo.)

But, looking at those three pickups, I'm drawing a blank. I don't know what they are; I don't know why there needs to be three of them; I don't know why the three of them could vary much in tone since they're so close together whereas the neck and bridge pickups are usually further apart; I can't imagine what their overall character will be; I can't predict how they'll interact with the differing scale-lengths; I can't predict how they'll interact with an Ampeg SVT (or any other known-quantity bass amp).

And, yeesh, five knobs?!

So, to me, it looks cool, but is a giant sonic question-mark. ❓ :p ❓
Check out any Dingwall video online and you'll get a pretty good idea :D

dr bonkers

Fractal Fanatic
Vendor
Congrats!

I've wanted a Dingwall bass since I became aware of them.

Unfortunately they make no basses with a 28 inch or 32 inch scale which is mostly what I play due to carpal tunnel issues and my T-Rex hands..

Maybe one day they will make a shorter scale bass.

Top Bottom