NBD :) Dingwall Combustion 5

SeeD

Fractal Fanatic
First i will say,that i have never play`d a better bass in my life ;)
This a really nice bass.

I will have some new prestets up on the forum soon.

The "B" string is sick.. i tuned it down to A.. maaannn Klonck..floongg.... Best E string i have ever play`d also
So if you need a good bass,this is GooD bass

I used to own a Sandberg California TM4... expensive.. a good bass. But i got tired og not having a "flong" Snappy E sting.

The Dingwall has it all ! Haha

DSC05897.JPG

DSC05907.JPG

SeeD - Out :)

Last edited:
Dropbox is shit today.. could not upload my Pic`s :(

Edit.. now it works ! Pic`s are up ;)

Last edited:
Yeah new to fanned frets.. but ! I got along just fine :) Playing like 5 minutes. Plays like a dream
The B string is sick. If you got the money :)
I playd my 4 string... nope. It`s up for sale,hehe

Really looking forward to your bass presets. I'm trying to sell the bass player in my band on the Axe-Fx and some bass-player-designed presets would help very much I suspect. Are you running your bass presets direct to FOH or do you monitor through a traditional rig? I'm thinking of setting him up in the FX return of his Mark Bass setup so he's got his big 15" speaker and smaller 10" speakers behind him still to hear how it sounds. Our PA setup only has 12" speakers and I'm not sure he'd like it as much if he hears it through those vs his Mark Bass cabs.

Nice bass dude!

I've been saving for a Dingwall for a while. Started off wanting a standard Combustion like yours, then moved to the NG-2, now I'm putting together a custom Super J...

Can't find a bad word about them, particularly the B string.

Good choice. I'm waiting on my V4. I'm looking forward to any presets you make as well... I'm really kicking myself for selling my B7K, too... Dingwall + B7K can get ridiculous awesome.

Well, my Dingwall should be on its way to me in the next day, and hopefully in my hands by the weekend. Just in time to spend a week establishing new presets for a recording session on the 25th. Boom!

I noticed you have the V4 as well SeeD - any preference yet on Active or Passive?

Presets? Did someone say Presets? Hint hint :)

Thanks
Pauly

Well, my Dingwall should be on its way to me in the next day, and hopefully in my hands by the weekend. Just in time to spend a week establishing new presets for a recording session on the 25th. Boom!

I noticed you have the V4 as well SeeD - any preference yet on Active or Passive?

Soon(tm). Recording tomorrow, so I'll likely do some final tweaking there. Check my other thread, as I'll probably post them there as to not hijack SeeD's thread.

Really looking forward to your bass presets. I'm trying to sell the bass player in my band on the Axe-Fx and some bass-player-designed presets would help very much I suspect. Are you running your bass presets direct to FOH or do you monitor through a traditional rig? I'm thinking of setting him up in the FX return of his Mark Bass setup so he's got his big 15" speaker and smaller 10" speakers behind him still to hear how it sounds. Our PA setup only has 12" speakers and I'm not sure he'd like it as much if he hears it through those vs his Mark Bass cabs.

Hi,sorry for the late replay..
I dont play bass live. But when i did,i only used the axe fx as EFX :)

But now as i know the axe fx is good for bass sounds. I would use it rigth to FOH
I hope to play live some more in the future

Hi Selta
As times go by.. i really like the bridge humbucker in active :) But i try all sorts of combinations...
I just got the new OwnHammer Ampeg MultiCab pack. And i love it
I found some good ir`s that work good with the Bridge Pickup

How do you like the new Dingwall ??? ;)

Ps: i almost got the same look as your dingwall. But when i was finished "thinking"... the bass was sold.. lol.
But i like the white one i have more as time goes by

I'm going to try to keep my physics/speaker designer hat off for the most part here...
Mixing speakers sizes like that is generally a bad thing. It works, in so much as that each speaker will make sound. But it has an absolute TON of drawbacks - a lot you can't hear from on stage. But they could be wrecking havoc out front very easily.
15" speakers don't necessarily "go lower" than 10" ones. 10's are not "faster" or "punchier". The only thing you can truly tell from the size of the speaker IS the size of the speaker.

Hi Selta
As times go by.. i really like the bridge humbucker in active :) But i try all sorts of combinations...
I just got the new OwnHammer Ampeg MultiCab pack. And i love it
I found some good ir`s that work good with the Bridge Pickup

How do you like the new Dingwall ??? ;)

Ps: i almost got the same look as your dingwall. But when i was finished "thinking"... the bass was sold.. lol.
But i like the white one i have more as time goes by
I'm loving mine so far as well. I'm still experimenting around with the particular sound combo I like coming out of the bass, before it even hits my Axe. I'm liking Active mode, but set flat (at least, the EQ set to center anyway). For now, I seem to gravitate to both pickups on, in Series. We'll see how it sits like that at band practice tonight, and in the studio tomorrow.
I haven't done a ton of dialing in on the Axe just yet. My go-to preset worked pretty well with it, with only a few gain tweaks. I didn't even see the bass cab pack - I'll have to pick that one up. I don't normally run IRs at all, but it's worth exploring at least. I'll post my preset in either this thread or my thread after this weekend is done and I refine it a bit more.

Soundclip ;)

I tried this today.. not prefect playing. Just Bass and drums (with a OwnHammer Ampeg Ir)

For now, I seem to gravitate to both pickups on, in Series.

Is series the loud one ?

I will be doing some cool thing the comming weeks (markbass,GK stuff) And this will work with IR`s as well. Soo full amp+cab presets. But using the ownhammer as the IR

Yeah, series is a tad hotter than parallel. If you count position 1 to be the position when the knob is turned fully towards the neck (i.e. fully clockwise), it'd be position 3. Besides volume, it gives a nice lo-mid bump too. Not a huge one, just a very slight boost that is pleasing to me.

I will try that setting some more. As of now i like the bridge and the paralelle settings. But as i try other IR`s this will change i guess.

Yeah plz share some presets when you have some to share. I will do the same
The forum needs some bass stuff. Sometimes i feel "alone" lol ;)

Back
Top Bottom