Naturally tube soft "break up" from clean? No

I think I'm running in several problems with taking most amps from clean to naturally break up, it seams more that it go to a "solid state" - kind of break up, (fuzzy) not tube. If the amp have f. ex more edition of sounds, like green, blue, red and so on, it's unbelievable difficult to find the, "in between". They can maybe create a acceptable rhythm crunch for chords, and high gain (chords/soloing), but not for more soft break up soloing, (bluesy/spitting). I experience for my part, that most amp sort of die in particular this aria of the tube-raising modeling clean soloing > soft break up soloing. Have tried with dialing all the possibilities of the "input drive", "master volume", "input trim", "master input trim", "bright switch", "presence" and "bright". Im on fw 9.01 and have the speaker comp about 4.00..

How are you guys dialing with this kind of sound, from clean soling to soft break up crunchy bluesy/jazzy tone?
I find it difficult..

EVH 5153, Soldano, Marshall, Freidman, Mesa.. in several edition..
Actually Bogner and Peavy are kind of close to do these breakup-tones in the right way, but many amps fail, IMO

even though i find your post hard to follow, i've never had any trouble getting those tones and don't have to do anything special to get it.
Same here brother. I use the volume knob on the guitar quite a bit to "dial" it down a bit on a 1 hb charvel. Good luck brother!

I can't use my volume knob, i don't have treble fixed my guitar, so it's getting to dark. But it's also an amp modeling experience..

EVH 5153, Soldano, Marshall, Freidman, Mesa.. in several edition..
Actually Bogner and Peavy are kind of close to do these breakup-tones in the right way, but many amps fail, IMO

The Friedman Dirty Shirley is the easiest to dial for breakup of all those you have mentioned. If you are getting a dark sound rolling down your volume its a case of a potentiometer and pickup combination, a perfect combination does not necessarily require a treble bleed.

I feel like I have the best luck with "splatty bluesy" tones with guitars that have a 5-pickup selector. Position 2 (bridge + middle pickup) and Position 4 (middle + neck pickup) sound the best to me.

Also, try searching for Stevie Ray Vaughn presets. I'm not at my Axe FX right now, but if I remember correctly, I was very successful getting his sound with a Fender Princeton amp and a Tubescreamer. You'll really have to use your guitar's Volume Knob, though. If you can't use your volume knob (...you should fix this....), put a volume pedal as the first thing in your signal chain to emulate your volume knob.

Well, what I have in mind is, that I want to pick an amp type in the particular preset, doesn't matter which, and have the same amp type going from clean, to soft break up, to hard soloing maybe using a drive block in the end, and use scenes and X/Y to go to the last step. I want my scene 2 to be in between that amp series to be just a little clean break up. I experience I in most cases with several amps, that I can only go from clean to hard rock soloing-kind of, as I hear as a quality sound, but the soft break up tubeish in between, is almost impossible to dial in.

You could use 2 amp blocks and X/Y if you've the CPU to spare. I like the XTC Blue and Red amps in a 2 amp block preset so I can pretend I've got a big old Bogner rig .... in fact with X/Y you could have up to 4 separate amp types .... so while there's no XTC green channel modelled you could use another nice clean amp type that can be pushed into light gain such as a Fender or CAE etc.

If your guitar's volume pot does not play nicely then you could also consider using and expression pedal to alter the input gain or input trim of an amp block to add some hair whenever needed - or attach it to a vol block at the front of the preset grid set to act as the level of guitar hitting the amp block

Many different ways of doing things

I can't use my volume knob, i don't have treble fixed my guitar, so it's getting to dark. But it's also an amp modeling experience..
I'm having a hard time understanding this post, and it seems important to the problem here. From what I gather you can't use your volume and tone knob? And your tone is dark? Can you clarify this?

I use Yamaha DXR12 active.. Where I find these trouble is with: EVH 5153 series, Soldano series, Marshall JVM series, Freidman series, Mesa..

Edit: If I turn down my volume knob on the guitar, it taking all the top out of the tone, it will be very dark tone. To fix this I have to get a treble bleed fix.. I don't

Last edited:
Well, what I have in mind is, that I want to pick an amp type in the particular preset, doesn't matter which, and have the same amp type going from clean, to soft break up, to hard soloing maybe using a drive block in the end, and use scenes and X/Y to go to the last step. I want my scene 2 to be in between that amp series to be just a little clean break up. I experience I in most cases with several amps, that I can only go from clean to hard rock soloing-kind of, as I hear as a quality sound, but the soft break up tubeish in between, is almost impossible to dial in.

I have been doing this for years using the Hiwatt models. I use a filter block for clean boost, a drive block for leads, and scene controllers to adjust amp drive and master volume when needed.

Scene 1: Rhythm tone, drive block X with the clean boost engaged
Scene 2: Crunchy tone, only clean boost engaged
Scene 3: Clean tone, no boost, no drive - use scene controllers on the amp gain and MV to get the gain right
Scene 4: Lead tone, drive block Y with clean boost engaged

This is totally do-able with the right kind of amp.

Here is two presets that can illustrate what I mean, its Peavey and Bogner, they are doing it very close and nice, but Im surprised, that its so difficult with many other amp series:
In these preset it is the tone in scene two and I use user cab: OH 412 MAR PR - H75 Fat and OH 412 MAR PR -H75 Ownhammers 412 MAR green vintage.

Attachments

• Peavey 6160 Cleansolo.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Bogner Clean+Rock!.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 2
Back
Top Bottom