Namm News

Please correct the link :)

AAEN

Btw: I may be doing something wrong, but clicking on a link usually is within the reach of my capabillities

And imagine in 20 years how old and dated all the 'cutting edge' tech will look to our children! :eek:

"daddy, you used an axe fx? But it could only support 50 fx, how on earth did you manage to make music with that?!? "

I just saw Carvin is releasing the Legacy 3. I'd love if Cliff would model the original Legacy.

I'm a high gain djent djent meedley meedely meedely type player...

Sent from my iPod.

Reactions: jon
I just saw Carvin is releasing the Legacy 3. I'd love if Cliff would model the original Legacy.

Sent from my iPod.

Either that or someone find a way to tweak an existing model to the super phat mid heavy goodness of the Legacy.
Not a metal amp, but one of the most responsive, singing amps I ever owned.
I'd pay for a dead on model of that amp. Seriously. AF2, stock cabs should cover it.

-P

Reactions: jon
I remember seeing the Atari Falcon and drooling. Audio recording! Cubase was sweet. I ended up building a Windows PC instead, and bought (the extremely buggy and crash-a-lot) v1 of Cubase for Windows.

The 80's style lingered like a nasty fart.

Sent from my iPod.

Sent from my iPod.

I think the 80's just left the room

fartface.gif

Depends on which aspect of '80s style' you're talking about. Don't forget that as far as guitar-playing goes, the 80s has got to rank as about as good as it ever got.

Back then, guitar players *mattered*. Joe Satriani's instrumentals were on MTV (the old MTV that played videos, I mean). Vai, Malmsteen, Holdsworth, Earl Klugh, Stanley Jordan all forged successful solo careers. Top 40 songs that had zero guitar parts were the exception, not the rule. The marriages of Eddie van Halen and Richie Sambora got mentioned in celeb magazines (significant only because it proved that guitarists were considered "famous people"). And perhaps most importantly, young guitar-players hoping to turn professional had to REALLY woodshed in order to be taken seriously.

Then the 90s arrived, and brought us guys in flannel shirts staring at their shoes while thrashing a D chord. Amazing musicians like the ones already mentioned suddenly found making a living much more difficult. Less-amazing-but-still-very-very-good musicians quit the business entirely. Non-guitarists come to believe that Slash was considered a "guitar great" (not dissing Slash, but let's be honest, by the standard of the day he was "very competent" and not much more).

Bah, I miss those days.

(Sits back in rocking chair and spits tobacco)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom