NAMM NAMM NAMM here I come

Looking forward to checking out Melodyne 4 - tempo mapping looks fantastic.

Will have to check that out! There's a few software things I want to pay more attention to this year. I'm hoping Sony (surely they'll be there?) will have something about Spectralayers, a program I've been using lately...

NAMM is about showing products to retailers. Doesn't make sense for Fractal. They can't even fulfill current demand.

NAMM is about showing products to retailers. Doesn't make sense for Fractal. They can't even fulfill current demand.

So because Fractal is so popular that they can't make them fast enough for the demand, that means they won't be at NAMM? LOL That's what doesn't make sense rickboot. They have been at NAMM before. A quick search can tell you that. I was wondering if they will be here this year.

It doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money on a booth if you aren't there to get the retailers to sell your product NAMM, the National Association of Music Merchants. It might make sense to attend to check out the competition and meet partners or artists. Of course Cliff and company will decide. Given their current situation I'd rather have them focusing on production.

It doesn't make sense to spend a lot of money on a booth if you aren't there to get the retailers to sell your product NAMM, the National Association of Music Merchants. It might make sense to attend to check out the competition and meet partners or artists. Of course Cliff and company will decide. Given their current situation I'd rather have them focusing on production.

Ok, then explain to me why they would attend the amp show if they have NO time to do anything besides focus on production?

I mean, I'm not a company trying to sell anything, and I'm not a store looking to buy anything, yet I still go. You don't have to be anything to go to NAMM besides somebody who can get a badge.

The focus of NAMM is connecting manufacturers with retailers. FAS doesn't sell to retailers and if there's a product to introduce and build buzz, events like the Amp Show are much more cost effective.

Reactions: svl
Why would Fractal not go, but Kemper does?
A) Because FAS only sells direct in USA, not thru any dealers, who this convention is meant for, in the end.

B) The reputation of the company is well established in the professional music community already

C) Clearly the company has enough on its plate..and don't forget the intimate size of the FAS staff pool....

D) AFAIK, this NAMM non-attendance has been FAS policy for some years, and I do believe you will see a fair amount of their product around the joint without their specific presence..I will know tomorrow......

I mean, I'm not a company trying to sell anything, and I'm not a store looking to buy anything, yet I still go. You don't have to be anything to go to NAMM besides somebody who can get a badge.
@crazybad
There's not much to going and haunting the place for kicks. But renting a booth is exorbitant and only worth it if you generate much business from it. Taylor will go because Guitar Center, Sweetwater, and a myriad other resellers will place (hopefully) large orders to line up their guitar walls.
FAS does not sell to these guys. They sell to you at a price which is much lower than you would have to pay if you bought it from Sweetwater. They also make a better profit that way.
It's a choice in business model and seems to be working well.
There's no one to say that Matt or Cliff won't go to "hang" there, but they usually don't rent space to exhibit as there's no need for it.

Does that make sense now?

@crazybad
There's not much to going and haunting the place for kicks. But renting a booth is exorbitant and only worth it if you generate much business from it. Taylor will go because Guitar Center, Sweetwater, and a myriad other resellers will place (hopefully) large orders to line up their guitar walls.
FAS does not sell to these guys. They sell to you at a price which is much lower than you would have to pay if you bought it from Sweetwater. They also make a better profit that way.
It's a choice in business model and seems to be working well.
There's no one to say that Matt or Cliff won't go to "hang" there, but they usually don't rent space to exhibit as there's no need for it.

Does that make sense now?

Yeah I got my answer already, thanks though. They are here. They just don't have a booth. That's all I was asking. If Fractal would be at NAMM. Yes, they are.

Yeah I got my answer already, thanks though. They are here. They just don't have a booth. That's all I was asking. If Fractal would be at NAMM. Yes, they are.
Probably not, not officially anyway....That quote from Cliff was from the 2012 NAMM....

Back
Top Bottom