Wish Naming Channels

Yeah I do not know why this is not a thing already. Seems intuitive and no brainer.....you know like inversion of the contrast on the mini lcd screens ;-)

+1

Naming channels would be great if you e.g have different settings for the same chorus block. There's no way one will remember which chorus type/setting is on channel A, B, C, or D if/when you have a few different chorus block presets in your Blocks Library, if you don't save them one by one then. But for efficiency it would be cool to able to use all four channels in one chorus block...and knowing which one it is by giving a custom name. This would not just be specific for the FC but be visible in Axe Edit as well.

...and this would go for all blocks of course. Chorus was just an example.

I agree this would be great, but there are some potential problems I can see.

1. There would have to be storage for the names of all channels of all blocks in a preset, taking up memory in the unit and maybe the FCs, and potentially increasing preset load time.

2. Depending on how preset data is stored, that might require significant changes to that data format, a whole other can of worms.

3. To be most useful, channel names would be displayed on the FCs, and should change in the FC mini-displays when you changed channels or scenes. That's a lot of ongoing overhead.

I'm just spitballing here, could be off base on all counts, but those seem like basic consequences to adding channel names.

+1

I think this could be an axe edit feature?
Yeah pretty much anything that is "name this" or "add notes for this" stuff should be Axe-Edit features as there is no requirement for on-device memory for this stuff.

IMO the easiest would be what I think was already suggested somewhere that they add a notes field in the "no block selected" view where it shows scene names where you could type anything you want.

Back
Top Bottom