Name Your DAW!

Presonus Studio One 2. Hands down the best DAW I've ever used, and I've worked with most of the big ones. Super easy, rock solid, FAST and great workflow.

Studio One first shipped in late 2009. At the time I thought, WHY? Why build a new DAW from scratch, when the market is already so over-saturated with options. Logic, Cubase, Sonar, PT.. all those are mature with roots going back to the 90's. I think some of it had to do with selling hardware - digital interfaces and mixers. Rather than include Cubase-Lite or whatever, they wanted to include a Lite version of their own brand of DAW (as a lead in to full-version upgrade).

It worked on me. Guys, seriously.. try Studio One 2 and thank me later.

Reaper on Win 7 - Was using Cubase forever. No plans to go back. Friend uses PT. I like Reaper better than that too.

Just curious., ever tried Samplitude? First Object-oriented Daw on the market, first with internal 16 and 32 bit math on summing etc., first with true noise removal and convolution reverb. Sometimes it does drive me up the wall, but it is hands down the most powerful DAW I've ever used, bar none - including protools (whch just recently got the ability to bounce faster than 1 to 1 speed - something Samplitude's done for, oh, a decade...
Presonus Studio One 2. Hands down the best DAW I've ever used, and I've worked with most of the big ones. Super easy, rock solid, FAST and great workflow.

Studio One first shipped in late 2009. At the time I thought, WHY? Why build a new DAW from scratch, when the market is already so over-saturated with options. Logic, Cubase, Sonar, PT.. all those are mature with roots going back to the 90's. I think some of it had to do with selling hardware - digital interfaces and mixers. Rather than include Cubase-Lite or whatever, they wanted to include a Lite version of their own brand of DAW (as a lead in to full-version upgrade).

It worked on me. Guys, seriously.. try Studio One 2 and thank me later.

Just curious., ever tried Samplitude?

There's one I haven't ever really used. Another one been around forever!

I was a long-time Cakewalk\Sonar user. I seem to recall starting on Cakewalk version 3, back when it was only a midi sequencer and it came on floppy disks :). Friends used Logic and PT so I got to know them well. I really didn't enjoy Cubase at all, it was always powerful, I just didn't like the UI. Reaper is pretty good, can't beat the price anyway. I played with Acid \ Fruity Loops a few times, but I never got much into loop-based music other than playing with it like a toy :).

Digital Performer - rock solid for gigs, 8 years on stage with zero hiccups. Studio based use since 1994.

I used Performer 1.0 (before Digital Performer, when it was just a sequencer). I loved it, but never quite liked it once it went into audio recording/editing. Then again, that was a long time ago, and I'm sure it's much hipper now. At the time, it felt like audio was an add-on to get market share. Interestingly, the reverse was true with Samplitude for years: MIDI, sequencing, loops etc. were all very sparsely supported, but gradually got deeper, though there are still things missing there, like velocity humanization on MIDI files, which Reaper does quite well.
Digital Performer - rock solid for gigs, 8 years on stage with zero hiccups. Studio based use since 1994.

Back
Top Bottom