Name timeout

Jan Geerts

Experienced
weeks after an update of my Axe FX II, I suddenly get name timeout on my mfc. Tried another cable, did a reset, still the same.
I'll probably have to have it serviced, but I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced such a thing.

Jan

Are you connected to your computer and have FractalBot running? I was having this suddenly and for no reason and nothing I did fixed it until I closed FractaBot. They will fight for MIDI data and USB always wins that argument.

I was having that problem too and resetting the system settings cleared it up. It's been a couple of months with no issues now.

weeks after an update of my Axe FX II, I suddenly get name timeout on my mfc. Tried another cable, did a reset, still the same.
I'll probably have to have it serviced, but I'd like to know if anyone else has experienced such a thing.

Jan
I recently had this problem and solved it by myself change 3 Cat5 cable, and only the third team was kicked MFC properly, you need to find quality cables!

Well, this name time out BS is back with a vengeance for me! I tried resetting my Axe system preferences, no go. Reset my MFC to factory defaults & tried to reload my settings form back up & it kept hanging up & would never finish the data load. Had to re-do all my MFC settings from scratch. After doing this, 2 minutes later & name time out again. Different preset every time. Sometimes it would do it just going from the tuner back to the preset. Another time it did it going from scene 2 back to scene 1. Lame!!! VQ3.02, MFC, v3.08. Something is seriously wrong here & my $$$$$$$ system is useless if it can't be any more reliable than this! And yes, I contacted support, again.

G66, the distributor, recommended I send everything to them. I guess I'll do that. Here's hoping it won't take to long and cost much.

G66, the distributor, recommended I send everything to them. I guess I'll do that. Here's hoping it won't take to long and cost much.

I just got an RMA from Fractal. I was really hoping it wouldn't come to this but it all of a sudden got a lot worse & I have tried everything to clear it that worked before!

Back
Top Bottom