Wish Name footswitch blocks

Smittefar

Axe-Master
This is to some extent a variation of the naming scenes wish, but this should be easier to implement and more broadly applicable.

I wish to be able to choose the 3 letter acronym shown when I assign a footswitch block. This should be available per preset.

In AX8edit, I would assign scene 1 to footswitch 1, and in the footswitch window, there would be a textfield, where I can write a three letter acronym. I use Scene 1 for the intro of a song, so I would choose the letters INT.

I also assign Drive blocks 1 and 2 buttons 5 and 6, respectively. Today, both of these would show up as "DRV", but since I know, I have a Tube Screamer in Drive 1 and a Fuzz Face in drive 2, I choose the acronyms "TS9" and "FF " - Maybe it could even be expanded such that the acronym could be chosen for x- and y-states separately? I wouldn't use such a feature, but it might be handy for others.

It should be fairly easy to make the same kind of naming directly on the unit.

Absolutely,

I sometimes run two null filter blocks for volume and drive boost respectively and now they both show: FIL

12dB null filter before the amp: BST
4dB null filter after the amp: +4 or VOL or LED

Would be much better.

Great idea. I'd find this especially useful for Control Switches. Sometimes if I come back to an older preset after a few months, it can take a bit of trial and error to remember what I set up the Control Switches for :D

I'd like that. If it would be so easy is debatable. Currently the only thing we can rename is the entire preset. This would necessitate a lot more fields to be rename-able per preset and some way to keep track of all of that... Database? I don't even see why it would be easier than renaming scenes. You could rename blocks systemwide, but then all Drive2 blocks would be FF's. Even if it was an RCB.

I'd still like that, though. Reminds me of my LF+ 12+... EVERYTHING is programmable on that thing. Even scenes for every preset.
I miss it. It's in the box behind my couch. Haven't been able to bring myself to selling it yet.

I still wish Fractal would buy the design for the X16 from Jeff...

This would be such a good feature! I always use 2 delay blocks, One for dotted eighth delay, and another set to anything else a patch requires. It would be handy to be able to assign a name to the dotted eighth block so I could differentiate between them easily

Back
Top Bottom