Calm down. The dude just asked for fun, for people to list 7 guitar players they dislike. Lots of people hate my playing, but who cares. It's not that serious. Get a sense of humor.
maybe climb down of that high horse of yours. I took it as a fun joke, but you calling us idiots is uncalled for. If you don't want to list 7 guitarist, then next thread dude.

Just because you dislike a player, isn't saying you're better than him or worse, just that you don't like them. Its just opinion dude. Have a beer.

If reading other people's joking opinions infuriates you, you got problems. :lol

Look dude: there are tons of chat rooms, leisure sites, public forums, and Facebook-type sites that are designated for top ten lists.. This one is designated to ONE specific piece of gear that we all have in common. Go there for knocking other players. Have fun.

I didn't call anyone an idiot. I said some you sounded like idiots and I'm more than certain they aren't, but the moment you let a goofy thread like this to happen people (can) get offended... Musical influences are painfully personal and listing off 7 massively successful people that bust their asses to succeed in this near-impossible industry and DO It is just rude man!

High horse?! You're kind of a chump if that's how you took my post. I can totally see why someone who's into Dream Theatre wouldn't like Cobains playing but I for one have seen Nirvana since the club days like 20 times, opened for them, and knew him personally. Wasn't my favorite player on the planet but he made legions of guitarists go home and throw down and try to write equally tasty hooks and play with passion, and when I see people put him on a list of Most Hated it DID get under my skin a bit. Wrong? Maybe. but me voicing my opinion about a nonsensical thread doesn't mean I should drink a beer and that I have problems, dude. I also know Vernon Reid very well and have had the pleasure to sit and play with him many times over the years during the unbelievable amount of time he donates to kids learning the guitar and he would be saddened to see his name appear on a list of hatred. That's a fact!

I like this site because the posts and topics are extremely helpful, musically enlightening, and get me closer to using a device on the horizon of what music gear has amazingly become.
This thread does none of that.

YOU go have a beer and get back to posting fart jokes and cromagnon videos you found on YouTube, genius. no reason to respond to me again on this thread either... I'm sure I'll see you on Facebook talking shit and making fun of others. I'm glad you've found out that "lots of people hate your playing" and you don't care and that enlightens you... Mpfffft!

Have a nice day..

One more thing. My band Played on the Conan Obrien show once and He came into our prep room and showed us a list he was on. A list of Most Annoying Celebrities. He took it with a grain of salt because he's a pro badass, but he did say that it stung him. It hurt his feelings because he's a human and he works 18 hours a day... That list was probably fruitless and unnecessary too..

Fin

I don't know their names, but 7 guitar players I really dislike are the ones playing leads on those 7 albums :
Ride the lightning
Master of Puppets
And justice for all
The black album
Load
Reload
St Anger

:lol

The Edge
Stephen Carpenter (Because Deftones were really rude to me after a show, when I was a kid and he's over rated IMO)
Kurt Cobain
Johnny Marr (cos f**k the Smiths)
Noel Gallagher (Oasis plagued my teens)
Tom Delonge (Stupid ass clown hasn't grown up in 20 years)
Kerry King (Every solo sounds the same)

I wanted to put The Edge twice, because I could cut myself on a stage name that pretentious.

1) Eric Clapton: he brought black music to popular white middle class consciousness, and got a lot of people started playing guitar, whichis a GREAT contribution to music history, but he's never played a note that has surprised me in the least. Yes, the most overrated guitarist of all time.
2) Mike McCready of Pearl jam - most of his solos just plain blow. Noodle city.
3) Buckethead - wheedly wheedly wheedly...
4) Yngwie - Wheedly, Ego, Wheedly, Ego...
5) Steve Vai - Wheedly, 'guitar melisma melodramatics', wheedly, EGO, EGO, EGO...
6) Satch - Ditto, ditto, ditto
7) Ritchie Blackmore, or Ace Frehley, or Tommy Iommi, take yer pick.

Man, those are bold statements right der! Gotta admire your courage! I love it and I'm sure, Chef does too, since he's a troll and all....:)

Last edited:
1. Slash (at least EVH took a 1/2 dozen albums to completely dry up creatively - Slash took ONE.)
2. Joey Santiago (dude, your riffs rule - would it KILL YOU to practice for 10 minutes a day?)
3. Dave Navarro (OMG a rock guitarist than knows a 7th chord! It's a revolution!!)
4. Steve Vai (because he can play anything, but he chose to play THAT.)
5. Yngwie Malmsteen (for approaching the guitar the same way you approach the high-jump, and convincing half of all guitarists that this is right way to do it.)
6. Dave Grohl (because he should play the instrument he's good at and stop pretending he's Tom Petty.)
7. Me (because I'm awful!)

All said with love. Except the one about me.

the fact that you wrote so much to me shows that you have probs. I am allowed to list 7 players I don't particularly like. I am entitled to my opinion. boy. if all of this got under your skin why on earth would you even click on or read this post.. Again, get over yourself. I have helped a lot of people on this forum, but when they ask questions that pertain to how to do something with the Axe. But I thought of this as a joke and just kind of went with it. You speak as though it's you all of these guys are talking about.
I'm glad you've found out that "lots of people hate your playing" and you don't care and that enlightens you... Mpfffft! Yup You're from Myspace alright.

Back
Top Bottom