Naked, Dry Amp only demos

paulmapp8306

Fractal Fanatic
I started a thread on Music Radar (a UK site linked with guitarist magazine) which later got added to the gear page.

Basically I started showing off some Azxe sounds that were amp block only. No EQs, No FX and default settings - with the exception of the master volume that I changed on some demos - and the gain I showed on another.

While I dont think my pure "guitarist" skills are great (though Ive had good feedback from full tracks Ive done) too many people were saving demos of the axe were covering for poor core sounds with FX or backing tracks.

The tones are through a VHT 2:50:2 power amp - so there are valves in there - and a 2x12 cab which obviously takes away a lot of the differences between amp/cab set-ups and the demos are recorded in a music room at home (so not gig loud) and on a pannosonic LUMIX camera just placed on my workbench. However i though it worth while to demonstrate how amp like the axe could get - and IMO a valve power amp and cab is the closest to a traditional amp/cab you can get.

Anyway - Ive had some good feedback so while i may be preaching to the converted here - some lurkers may benefit.

Anyone who wants to add to these demos feel free. The caveat is - regardless of whether you use cab sims, FRFR, Amp/Cab PLEASE keep the patches to core amp sounds only.

Any feeeback is welcome

Heres the TPG link:

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showth ... p?t=708165

Back
Top Bottom