Naked Amps tonepack for FM3?

I still don't have a unit but should by end of month and I'm already starting them. This will be more a 1000+ Dream Rigs than the 1400+ Naked Amps because of the FM3's lessor processing power. I can only use 1 amp block and 4 different amp scenes and only two cabs per preset, so that's likely what it will be.

Will the Axe FX III version of the Naked Amps work with the FM3? Or do we need to convert the presets?

@austinbuddy
You can convert some of it but not all of it. The FM3 only has 1 amp block per preset, Axe-Fx Naked Amps have two. So if you convert with FM3 Edit you will lose all of Amp 2, which is where the higher gain tones are in the Naked Amps.

The FM3 only allows two cabs per channel, while the Naked Amps has up to four cabs. I didn't always use all four cabs but I may have used a third or fourth cab in a A B or C D channel,, and those would get cut off in coversions.

So the scenes by preset in conversions will be messed up.

But yes, technically, you could save each amp block you wanted in Naked Amps and they should work and import over into the FM3, but you will have probably have to adjust Cab stuff.

Make sense?

Based on what I know about CPU etc. and block differences, here's a probable layout what the FM3 Dream Rigs/Naked Amps presets will look like....and then there will be a modest effects blocks library included for compressors, various fuzzes, overdrives and distortions, phaser, univibe, wah, chorus, flanger, rotary, delay, reverb, pitch you can plug into presets at will, just like with the AX8/Axe-Fx II's Dream Rigs. Probably will NOT include looper in each preset since CPU is precious here.

I'm leaning to the Dream Rigs concept for FM3 (4 sounds per amp) over Naked Amps (8 sounds per amp, can't do in one preset in FM3) else this will take twice as long to get to market. If someone already has the Naked Amps they should be able to figure out how to get any sounds over that aren't in the FM3 Dream Rigs for an FM3 preset pretty easy.

The Filter block is included for the Kicker Coil for single coils or extra boost. I'll include the Amp Boost, Fat Switch, Brite (reverse) and Ideal Saturation switch just like the Naked Amps do. So it won't really just be four tones per preset with those additional options. I often love most adding a 12 db clean boost to a "low gain" amp, that can be a "5th channel" killer tone by itself.

Any other thoughts?

Screen Shot 2020-02-14 at 5.41.40 PM.png

No, it will be a new product BUT it will be on sale for one month for $79 once product launches public then go back to $99 as normal price. I do that with every product launch.

This is a no brainer! When I think about the time spent and what I would need to accomplish a fraction of these, I'm all over it. Thanks for your efforts!

So the new FM3/Axe-Fx III Dream Rigs presets will mostly have this layout.

Note that Scene 5-6 works with single coils as it engages the Kicker Coil (although for some amps dialed in for humbuckers they may be a little bright, but you can roll down tone knob to compensate). CS2 is clean 12 db Amp Input Boost, CS3 is Fat Switch on (or off) and CS4 is Brite switch (reverses value). I decided not to add the extra CS5 for Ideal saturation on these.

I will swap some effects blocks in and out, based on available CPU like chorus, drive block #2, rotary, phaser, etc.

This preset design works on both an FM3 and Axe-Fx III. Of course on an Axe-Fx III you can add more effects yourself, that's why I left all that space. There will be a modest effects block library included.

The amp shunt "tap" before Cab goes nowhere here but you can choose to route it to an FM3's Output 2 easily if you are using a power amp and Cab. If you do, you might want to add a GEQ block in front of the output, as the FM3 Output2 does not have a Global GEQ on an FM3.

I'm probably 30% done but still need most of April to get this done right and do the manual, an FC6 integration option, etc. The Fenders, Marshalls, Freidmans and a few others are done, hitting Modern amps now.

Still have to level everything one last time. Will have some single coil only presets available too. Trying to keep this to <3 banks total.

Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 5.27.19 PM.png

@austinbuddy - this looks great! As I plan for CPU usage, wondering if you're using Spring or other reverbs, and high or normal resolution?

thanks!
Reverbs will be normal not high resolution. You can always switch. My "hint of reverb" go-to is the Sun Plate, but I will have springs and plates and lots of stuff depending on the amp and tone... the beauty of the blocks is 4 different effects types per block, instead of just X/Y.

Reverbs will be normal not high resolution. You can always switch. My "hint of reverb" go-to is the Sun Plate, but I will have springs and plates and lots of stuff depending on the amp and tone... the beauty of the blocks is 4 different effects types per block, instead of just X/Y.
Yea, that Sun Plate is sweet. I was just wanting to do some rough estimates of what I can do in a preset based on your template which is at 75%, so I was wondering whether that one had a Spring or not...

Yea, that Sun Plate is sweet. I was just wanting to do some rough estimates of what I can do in a preset based on your template which is at 75%, so I was wondering whether that one had a Spring or not...
No, generally i would use a spring for Fenders and a few others but not for a Marshall preset. Pretty sure that one is a Sun Plate if on.

There are some CPU limits for sure in FM3... you can’t have six different pedal types in there at same time, but you can in Axe-Fx III.

@austinbuddy - this looks great! As I plan for CPU usage, wondering if you're using Spring or other reverbs, and high or normal resolution?

thanks!
Update to this: the revers will use the new economy version, saves CPU. I's going to be called the Live Gold TonePack. It should work on both an FM3 and an Axe-Fx III, and you'll get both versions in the same TonePack.

The first bank is done (beta testers are checking it out) and I'm well into the second bank to do final tweaks and leveling, that will take another 5-10 days depending, then the third bank. So continued progress, sorry it is taking so long, but I'm finicky and I only save a preset and move on when I like the sounds coming out from behind me in my CLR 10 feet away, like I would be on stage.

Feel very confident about a "sometime in July" release now, although doing the full video tutorials (like I did for 1000+ Dream Rigs and for 1400+ Naked Amp) and a full user manual can add another week to the timeline...I may release then put videos upon within a week or so after.

Thinking out loud...I'm also thinking of making a special drive block single coil users could import in that would make the presets (designed on humbuckers) be a little less bright for the single coil crowd as a bonus...I like the idea, probably use the Microboost and just shave off enough highs and maybe add a little bottom to round it out...

Also, have gotten a few people who use spring-loaded pedals for the wah. As you guys know, I use the toe-down to turn the Wah off assigned to external 1, always have. So my question is, should we NOT have the auto-on med. position as default, and everyone can assign their Wah pedal the way the like ( or use an FC switch to turn on/off)? Thoughts?

How do I become a Beta tester?? Wishful thinking! I'm just getting ready for a few gigs we have soon and could use a boost!

Update to this: the revers will use the new economy version, saves CPU. I's going to be called the Live Gold TonePack. It should work on both an FM3 and an Axe-Fx III, and you'll get both versions in the same TonePack.

The first bank is done (beta testers are checking it out) and I'm well into the second bank to do final tweaks and leveling, that will take another 5-10 days depending, then the third bank. So continued progress, sorry it is taking so long, but I'm finicky and I only save a preset and move on when I like the sounds coming out from behind me in my CLR 10 feet away, like I would be on stage.

Feel very confident about a "sometime in July" release now, although doing the full video tutorials (like I did for 1000+ Dream Rigs and for 1400+ Naked Amp) and a full user manual can add another week to the timeline...I may release then put videos upon within a week or so after.

Thinking out loud...I'm also thinking of making a special drive block single coil users could import in that would make the presets (designed on humbuckers) be a little less bright for the single coil crowd as a bonus...I like the idea, probably use the Microboost and just shave off enough highs and maybe add a little bottom to round it out...

Also, have gotten a few people who use spring-loaded pedals for the wah. As you guys know, I use the toe-down to turn the Wah off assigned to external 1, always have. So my question is, should we NOT have the auto-on med. position as default, and everyone can assign their Wah pedal the way the like ( or use an FC switch to turn on/off)? Thoughts?

I always use auto engage with the wah. I set it to slow.

Back
Top Bottom