NAILS Tone

Moshermax9

I'm look to get a tone similar to the band NAILS. I have done some research in what he uses mostly uses if im right a peavey 6505+ because he is endorsed by Peavey plus a signature pedal by dunwich amps "THe tyrant". Which is basically a HM-2 Clone. I've achieved something similar using the Rockerverb 50 model with a Ts808 Mod. But still can't achieve that low end heaviness that has the clarity they have. Also be aware this is for use with an external 4x12 Madison in conjunction with my Matrix Gt1000fx power amp. Any recommendations is appreciated!

you can kind of replicate the upper mid thing they have going on with the metal zone into whatever (i used the 6160 block letter with some 25 taken out in the GEQ) but I dont know what a madison cab sounds like, or what your playing into it so it's a shot in the dark at best. i had the metal zone a 3.5 gain and level and the tone almost topped out with the mix at 75% and it was in the neighborhood (boost 1/2k in the GEQ for a more pronounced crunch). That being said you and I have very different definitions of clarity cuz I have no idea whats going on in this mix (and I enjoy dirty hardcore bands like this too so I'm not exactly green to this kind of sound) o_O. Lemme know where this leaves ya I'd be happy to help you along

Oh, I have a gate block after the amp block to keep it from squealing my ears off be wary

you can kind of replicate the upper mid thing they have going on with the metal zone into whatever (i used the 6160 block letter with some 25 taken out in the GEQ) but I dont know what a madison cab sounds like, or what your playing into it so it's a shot in the dark at best. i had the metal zone a 3.5 gain and level and the tone almost topped out with the mix at 75% and it was in the neighborhood (boost 1/2k in the GEQ for a more pronounced crunch). That being said you and I have very different definitions of clarity cuz I have no idea whats going on in this mix (and I enjoy dirty hardcore bands like this too so I'm not exactly green to this kind of sound) o_O. Lemme know where this leaves ya I'd be happy to help you along

Oh, I have a gate block after the amp block to keep it from squealing my ears off be wary
I guess when I say clarity it has that dirt without getting so muddy nothing is audible. Ill try using the metal zone into a 6160 block with those settings and see how that works.out. Also the Madison Cab I got was actually a cab Bury Your Dead used on tour for sometime

I guess when I say clarity it has that dirt without getting so muddy nothing is audible. Ill try using the metal zone into a 6160 block with those settings and see how that works.out. Also the Madison Cab I got was actually a cab Bury Your Dead used on tour for sometime
Nice! What kind of speakers are in it, that's going to be a big part of it

Thinking about it its probbaly v30s because Bury Your Dead toured with this. So just an assumption they are V30s

I believe they are Madison symphony 12" speakers not 100% sure I have seen other videos showing them with v30s
V30's should get you there, heavier magnets like the h75's are gonna translate your lows more accurately so it's just something to keep in mind

i don't think you're going to get the low end heaviness you're looking for unless you're simultaneously playing a kick drum and a bass, it seems to me that's where all of that is coming from. even when the full band drops out the kick is still going along with the guitars and that's adding a lot to it.

i really wish there would just be a hm2 model already because it would make life so much easier, but i'm not going to complain too much because i own two of them

Back
Top Bottom