Nailed the MKII C+? riffs, melodies, solo's, cleans OH MES! Presets inside

Not able to.....don't know what I'm doing wrong. Do I need to create a file somewhere in the Axe folder?

You extracted the zip file and have the folders with the block files right? You should have 2 folders with block files and 2 CSV files when it's extracted. I only have the XL+ but you should be able to drag the blocks(files that end with .blk) one at a time from the folder over to the grid on axe edit.

Wow. Nice. Not only the tones but the track is great too. Thanks for sharing the details for us non-XL users!

Last edited:
You extracted the zip file and have the folders with the block files right? You should have 2 folders with block files and 2 CSV files when it's extracted. I only have the XL+ but you should be able to drag the blocks(files that end with .blk) one at a time from the folder over to the grid on axe edit.

Yeah, extracted them but for some reason I can't drag them. I remember doing blocks for delays and what not and I actually had to create a folder inside the Axe Edit application in my computer, do I have to do that with these as well?

Yeah, extracted them but for some reason I can't drag them. I remember doing blocks for delays and what not and I actually had to create a folder inside the Axe Edit application in my computer, do I have to do that with these as well?

I haven't created any folders in axe edit. I just tested it in axe edit and all I do is pull up a blank preset and drag a block from one of the extracted folders on my desktop from the zip file, into axe edit and it drops onto the grid. It won't let me drag more than one at a time though.

image.jpeg

Ok man, tried it like that and it just wouldn't work.

I ended up having to drop it onto existing amps in a preset, and it loaded it as a block; it basically replaced what amp was in the existing preset. So I just did it that way and saved it.

Don't know what the problem is, latest FW and Axe Edit, Axe II MKII.

Weird, huh?

Love the rhythm one man. That thing is gnarly and super chunky to play with. Thanks for loading it up!

I haven't tried the presets, I prefer to make my own, but the advice Guitarjon gave about mixing Ownhammer the 121 and UMT70S mics (when they're in a pack) is just... It's THE rhythm tone I have wanted but haven't quite gotten so far. It's massive (with the IIC+ and the Triaxis Lead Yellow 2). I couldn't put the guitar down. :D

Sounds great. I think both OH and FAS ir's are doing great things to sound like a proper guitar.

BUT you still need a good stringslinger to get it this good :)

Amazing Jon, you always come up with awesome tones and your production/drum programming is just as amazing! I wish I had the ability to do what you do!

I don't play this style of music, but I really dig the tone you're getting on the recordings here. I think the best "modern" guitar sounds that I've heard recorded and that speak to me have been Green Day's American Idiot and System of a Down's Mesmerize/Hypnotize. I really dig how those guitars came across in each of those recordings.

Jon, I'm curious if you use your IR mixes in a live environment or do you play real amp/cabs? I'm intrigued to try your mixes in that environment.

I don't play this style of music, but I really dig the tone you're getting on the recordings here. I think the best "modern" guitar sounds that I've heard recorded and that speak to me have been Green Day's American Idiot and System of a Down's Mesmerize/Hypnotize. I really dig how those guitars came across in each of those recordings.

Jon, I'm curious if you use your IR mixes in a live environment or do you play real amp/cabs? I'm intrigued to try your mixes in that environment.
Thank you!
At the moment I don't play a lot of live shows with my band and for logistic reasons I currently don't use my AXE FX live on stage yet but I will in the future.
However I think the JS mixes would work very well in a live setting.
I would cut some low end in the cab block for that application though just to make sure you don't get in the way of other instruments.

For the packs that don't have the JS mix(es) in it (yet) I'd recommend making mixes in cab lab that aren't too bright.
I like to start with the 121-00 and mix that with either a 57-06 or 421-05/06.
Start there.
If you are using a bright cab try the 70 with the 121.

Hope this helps!

Thank you!
At the moment I don't play a lot of live shows with my band and for logistic reasons I currently don't use my AXE FX live on stage yet but I will in the future.
However I think the JS mixes would work very well in a live setting.
I would cut some low end in the cab block for that application though just to make sure you don't get in the way of other instruments.

For the packs that don't have the JS mix(es) in it (yet) I'd recommend making mixes in cab lab that aren't too bright.
I like to start with the 121-00 and mix that with either a 57-06 or 421-05/06.
Start there.
If you are using a bright cab try the 70 with the 121.

Hope this helps!

Thanks man! I gave a shot to my own mix of the 70 and 121. I did the quick start mic positions and pulled back the R121 (-10dB). I'm cutting low at 80hz and high at 12000hz in the cab block. Need to see how that comes through. The other route I may go is my own version of the OH1 mix where I pull back the SM57 a notch or two out from what's probably the default.

Back
Top Bottom