NAD :-)

PacoCasanovasOld

Fractal Fanatic
After 17yrs - finally back on Boogie MkIII (blue stripe) 60/EQ+Reverb - found at the local sunday garage sale out from a big swiss backline rental service for under 500 bucks! No hum, no crackling, no noise - what an awesome tone machine! Tubes, speaker, all fine......what a bargain!

11222000_1626456497576943_2515247222000930693_n.jpg

Last edited:
That's the one amp I regretted letting go ..... but wanted to go to a Marshall JMP1 and a Mesa 50/50 .... so had to sell.

Has it the EV speaker?

Congratulations on the new amp purchase. I have a Mark IV and I love it. Great amps for sure. I am sure this one delivers the tone as well as any mark series amp.

Celestion C90 inside - I still have an old EVM12L in my workshop, maybe it's worth to put it in, I like the C90 pretty much I have to say....
Were the 'Black Shadow' EVM12's in those Mesas supposedly 'specially voiced for Mesa Boogie' or was that just hype and they are just the old style EVM12M? I liked the 'Black Shadow' in mine but it did need pushed I felt to come alive - at the cost of being 'quite loud' :eek: at times. The Celestion sounds like it could be a good alternative ... I was too scared to modify my Mk3 .... it was the most expensive piece of gear I'd ever bought back then. I did however have to take the thing apart because the FX loop quit working one night - and I found the the biggest dirtiest 'hand wired in California' dry solder joint on the FX return socket!

Hehe......
As far as I know I had a pretty normal EVM12L in my SimulClass Mk3 (I needed to sell this amp 17yrs ago, due of financial troubles back then - a Mk3 SimulClass was approx 4000 bucks back in the days, I got it used for 2200 bucks back then). The "Black Shadow" attribute was given to Celestion Classic Lead 80 and C90s as far I can remember. These are great speaker, I was very much suprised how superb they also working with my "Wooly Note Casanoverdrive" prototype amp. I still got an old EVM12L out of a very special fender twin reverb from the 70s (not original, due the EVM12Ls were introduced in the early 80s) - red painted back.....I'll compare this against the C90 in the Mesa 112 Thiele Cab at my workshop.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom