NAD!!! Swart AST mkII

elchampion

Inspired
I once played a Swart Atomic Space Tone when looking to try a guitar out not worrying much about the amp. I plugged the guitar in this amp and I was blown away. The lush Reverb and that Tremolo! WOW!! When Cliff added the Nuclear Tone to the Axe and it just made me want the real one even more. So today I went looking at one of the Boutique guitar store's website here in Austin, Austin Guitar House, and there she was.. a used AST mkII. These are hard to find here locally, so I jumped on it. Such a great amp!! Can't wait to hook up my FX8 to it.
AST_01_large.jpg AST_03_compact.jpg

Nice amp, you'll really enjoy it I suspect.
I've had as AST Pro for some time. Def a keeper

Sounds great so far! Having issues with the FX8 relays. Using a boss fs6 and TRS Y cable turning on/off the reverb and Trem worked great, but on the FX8 On was off, Off was On there's not a polarity switch to reverse the function on the FX8. Choosing Ring or Tip, didn't really work either. Only when I chose Both. Not really a biggie since I can use scenes or the FS6. I email Swart about their footswitch jack to see if its something special.

have you A/B 'd it yet with yer AXeFX yet? The Nuclear Tone in Q8 is better than ever!

Last edited:
That is a cool amp. Not sure how I feel about the name. That is what we do with flies down here in TX. We swart 'em. Usually with a fly swarter. Knock 'em right out of the ar. Keels 'em deed.

Back
Top Bottom