NAD: Friedman BE-100 Deluxe

Ben Randolph

Power User
Just sold my Friedman BE-100 and got a BE-100 Deluxe. Fantastic evolution of the BE-100. It'd be nice to see this in a future firmware upgrade, though for now using the Friedman BE and the Smallpox amp models will basically get you the gist of a BE-100 Deluxe.

The BE100 Deluxe isn't simply a BE100 plus extra stuff. Biggest difference is the clean channel, which is more "less OD", but can be taken to totally clean. I'm here with my SG getting great AC/DC tones. Apparently the effects loop is no longer bypassable and the effects volume is fixed, which has made me have to adjust my digital delay's mix level. I daresay that the BE and HBE channels are cleaner, with more defined note separation and a bit less compression (but that may be placebo). I may end up setting the gain stage switch to max gain, and using the channels to determine how vintage or metal I sound. I'd unhesitatingly recommend the BE100 Deluxe sight unseen. If you already have a BE100, you still have one of the best amps in the world, though :)

1571140685171.png

Back
Top Bottom