NAD - Diezel VHX

Thomas Obester

Experienced
Last year I sold all my boutique tube amps and I thought I will never want or need to buy one again...until I bought this :p

Ch3 Metallica riffs

Ch3 Drop C riffs

Attachments

• aun5dkmfxkpqkcjt945a.jpg
    aun5dkmfxkpqkcjt945a.jpg
    153.3 KB · Views: 96
  • noockijfjhtpkzgahum6.jpg
    noockijfjhtpkzgahum6.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Diezel-VHX-Rueckseite.jpg
    Diezel-VHX-Rueckseite.jpg
    405.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_3931.jpg
    IMG_3931.jpg
    256.6 KB · Views: 84
  • Diezel-VHX-Innenleben.jpg
    Diezel-VHX-Innenleben.jpg
    531.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
Very nice. I think you owned some diezels in the past right? Does it convincingly do those vh4, herbert, etc sounds or is it kind of it’s own thing?

Very nice. I think you owned some diezels in the past right? Does it convincingly do those vh4, herbert, etc sounds or is it kind of it’s own thing?
I have yet to find that out. Will for sure post my findings after I spend more time with it.
First impressions are that it can do the vh4 sound better than vh4´s I had.
It sounds tighter and more modern with more bite.
Diezel herbert sounds are also very close, I would say it sounds on 95% like herbert, with just a little bit different bottom end (probably because of 100w VHX power section vs 180w Herbert).
I also had VH2 and the VHX sounds miles better.
I can´t say about other diezels, because I never played them.

Last edited:
These things look amazing. The price and available clips on the net are a dealbreaker for me. You should throw some good clips up somewhere on this. The ones out there now are terrible.

These things look amazing. The price and available clips on the net are a dealbreaker for me. You should throw some good clips up somewhere on this. The ones out there now are terrible.
I’ll post some soundclips as soon as I will find some nice tones I dig :)

gonna compare now axe’s dizzy models as I’m really curious about results 😊

it’s not overkill rig at all, OMG 😂

Reactions: JTI
This is the problem I keep encountering with rare and unusual amps. Very few clips, usually bad. You have to buy the thing to find out if it's any good, then hope that you can flip it if it's not your thing.

Reactions: JTI
well, I compared fractal’s diezel preamps to those inside vhx for a few hours straight.
and as a bonus I checked also different preamp sims with vhx as a power amp.

I have to say that dizzy silver ch3 and herbie 3 sounds better than their analog counterparts, actually quite a lot better tbh 😀

but using cameron ccv 2C as a preamp with vhx as a power amp was by far the best sound I ever had. 😍
I like vhx a lot better than fryette ps-2/ps100.

So conclusion ?
I should probably ask diezel if they could make for me custom diezel power amp only😄. That would be probably my ultimate setup for in-the-room-tones.

And of course, I will experiment more with vhx as a single head, but at the moment if fails short compared to fractal in preamp vs preamp scenario. 🤯

...that’s just the day 1 though..

Last edited:
That is an incredible rig happy NAD! I had a couple of Diezels back in my amp + fridge rack days and nothing quite sounds like them.
Thanks !
Actually, I have found out that for me, out of all those diezel models, dizzy silver v3 and herbie 3 sound better than real herbert/vh4/vhx 🙈

Edit : User error, It doesn´t...preamp shape was set to hagen voicing, which obviously I am not big fan of :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom