NAD Axe-Fx III - New to hi end modelers and bought an Axe-Fx

so I just wanted to introduced myself, in a 45 y/o guitarist from NJ/ct and I have always been a traditional combo amp. Guy,.

Once I had a blue voodoo rig half stack but aside from that, modeling was line 6 and crate lol so we’re talking early old stuff....I’m old not that that old.

So I heard so much about the axe Fx III was now the primary recording and live use pre amp and effects all In one PLUS one. I was stunned to see they sounded like the amps and they had incredible ability to tweak .

They spared no expense. (As neither did we when paying hahahaha) but worth it all the way.

Reading here I know I need
  1. Read the manual
  2. Buy a FC (budget is $200is)
  3. Buy a FRFR(budget is $250-500 max but later)
  4. Re read the manual lol
So if anyone plays metal or fusion please get in touch, I play like the mike varney project roster or let’s say a pantera or megadeth

HOPE you are patient with a person virgin to it all
Later y’all

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "chris, post: 1794161, tag: 8113"] axefxtutorials.com - már létezik, de újra kell építeni, miután csapkodott. Hamarosan. [/ QUOTE]
Thanks!

I appreciate that my new fractal family friends!

I am truly interested in that, Chris
Some of the manual is nearly indecipherable to me. Its almost like a technical manual, and I mean IT IS. but I mean it’s like very technical, you know how they say Dream theater is a guitarists band, but not meant for the lay...I’m just glad the UI is so easy to use because if it was like the last model I wouldn’t know where to start!

It’s a truly beautiful machine in every way

By the way, AWESOME handle, I love the simplicity and moniker lol

Jeez, this thing is incredible.
The GUI and block chain setup eluded me because I’ve never used axe before but after about a quarter thru the manual and while going back and forth with the axe, I’m starting to see what this thing could do, and it’s literwlly unlimited

I don’t think you can make the electric guitar sound if it doesn’t exist in this modeler already ...meaning you can do anything thus far done plus who knows what else ....

Amazing machine, and I just wonder how far or where the FM3 will go, or how it will be limited in comparison to this. I know it’s a quarter of the power but how that translates eludes me

Anyway I love this machine and I hope to understand and utilize it more, I have to start loving all these new effects and amp rigs cuz all I knew was Mesa rectifier till this

Jeez, this thing is incredible.
The GUI and block chain setup eluded me because I’ve never used axe before but after about a quarter thru the manual and while going back and forth with the axe, I’m starting to see what this thing could do, and it’s literwlly unlimited

I don’t think you can make the electric guitar sound if it doesn’t exist in this modeler already ...meaning you can do anything thus far done plus who knows what else ....

Amazing machine, and I just wonder how far or where the FM3 will go, or how it will be limited in comparison to this. I know it’s a quarter of the power but how that translates eludes me

Anyway I love this machine and I hope to understand and utilize it more, I have to start loving all these new effects and amp rigs cuz all I knew was Mesa rectifier till this
The world is your oyster! ;)

Grab some presets from the Axechange and start tweaking. You'll get some ideas from seeing how other people set up their presets and you can use them as a template. Change up the amp and cab to taste. Have fun!

You don't need Axechange presets (IMO), the existing presets are excellent. Begin there, pick one that suits your fancy, tweak that, and start small (bypass all FX, and only play with AMP/CAB.)

The manual can be tough for someone new to this. Use it as a reference for now (I want to do <insert function>). From that point, there are a number of great video's that go over things designed around crafting tone. My first stop would be to begin with the cab crafting...it's a HUGE part of your tone. @2112 's vids are a great place to go to get specific tones.

Like I said...START SMALL. It can be overwhelming to open this can of worms, so when you know your way around how to tweak things, then you can get really nuts. (And you will...you will.)

Welcome.

You don't need Axechange presets (IMO), the existing presets are excellent. Begin there, pick one that suits your fancy, tweak that, and start small (bypass all FX, and only play with AMP/CAB.)

The manual can be tough for someone new to this. Use it as a reference for now (I want to do <insert function>). From that point, there are a number of great video's that go over things designed around crafting tone. My first stop would be to begin with the cab crafting...it's a HUGE part of your tone. @2112 's vids are a great place to go to get specific tones.

Like I said...START SMALL. It can be overwhelming to open this can of worms, so when you know your way around how to tweak things, then you can get really nuts. (And you will...you will.)

Welcome.
I appreciate that, especially the “you will” like Yoda! I understand that sentiment because while I’m overwhelmed I still didn’t hit despair lol I’m taking your advice
Thx

I am nearly obsessed with my III....I’ve read the manual and I watched a few of the longer videos, including some great ones by Chris (the end of the first video is so funny, when you started to lose track of that last scene save I also started to lose concentration at the same time, and I looked at the time and laughed because they say men can only hold attention span for 45 straights min on one subject)......and I can’t stop playing guitar.

I will say though, I’m not very good or comfy with editing presets, I tried to edit a few and make those “new scenes” and mine never sound as good as the originaL FAS presents lol but still, the amount of tweak ability freaks me out because it’s endless (and I’m still learning)

What is making me screw up more Is my own worst enemy:hesitation. I keep on thinking I’m going to do something to screw it up and then I remember that I just have to reload the preset from the hard drive duhhh

I kind of want to know what I should focus on... like does anyone have a good method or do you just attack the manual? In that order that’s given?

I mean I really thought Kemper sounded amazing, but FAS has no competition. Line 6, Kemper, Atomic, it’s all cute and lovely, and some people obviously need entry level models due to economics, and I’m not ever gpoing to be snob and knock it, because I was homeless a few years ago myslef....but I really appreciate this amp

So when am I going to get over the brand new car type shock?? It’s msking me rethink everything about guitar!

FAS, I love you, and I better not hear anything about an axe 4 for another decade because this has so much and I’m intimidated as hell, I can’t imsgine or fathom anything more than this! It’s every professional guitarists NEED, my goodness !

God bless. Y’all

As Chris said, start small.

I usually start with an Amp & Cab block only. I mute the cab at fist to listen to the Amp alone & tweak it to get it in the ballpark then un-mute and audition cabs.

Just remember to save when satisfied then start adding fx/routing blocks....save preset, rinse repeat. Foolproof IMHO.

There are some great videos on this subject done by some of the more experienced members around here which are a great watch. Also Pay to join 'Cooper Carter' tuition covering this is available.

Back
Top Bottom