Bug? Mysteriously Self Activating Wah V7

groovenut

Power User
I did this video as an example of a rogue preset I have that the wah activates upon power up. At first I was baffled by the tone change upon power up, as I had not even remembered there being a wah in the preset. This took some time to sort out, but I found the issue via Axedit's grid layout.

The preset was saved with the wah bypassed. External 1 was assigned as controller. No controllers were plugged into the Axefx II. Changing the preset and returning to the preset in question, returns the wah to it's bypassed state. I have removed the controller from the wah block (as it's not needed int his patch) and it seems to have alleviated the issue. However, I wanted to post this for Cliff and M@ just n case it was a "bug" and not a feature. I am not heavily dependent upon external controllers at this point, so I am unsure as to what the intended purpose of this behavior could be. As such I am passing this on in the spirit of bringing it to light.

Thank you!

External 1 was assigned as controller. No controllers were plugged into the Axefx II.
That's likely your problem.

Go to the I/O menu and tab over to the MIDI page. Scroll down until you see EXT CTRL 1 INIT VAL and make sure it's set to 0% instead of 100%. These settings initialize the controller values on the Axe-Fx before any value for them has been received via MIDI. It's likely set to 100% and you have the block set to auto-engage is my guess.

Check, if the modifier is set to PC RST = OFF, if so: set it to ON and save while WAH is bypassed

The interesting thing to me is that this is a factory preset that I had used before and not had this behavior. #24 Brown Eye. Granted I had never power up on this preset until just this morning, so it may have always been this way. I will check the suggestion. Thanks.

The interesting thing to me is that this is a factory preset that I had used before and not had this behavior. #24 Brown Eye. Granted I had never power up on this preset until just this morning, so it may have always been this way. I will check the suggestion. Thanks.

factory presets do not have external controllers connected to them, so it was changed at some time. If your EXT CTRL INIT VAL is set to 100% it will kick on when no external controller is plugged in. It has always been this way by design.

Back
Top Bottom