My wife passed away today

I am so sad.
Dear Rod, I don't know you but feel I know you a little having read many of your posts. As a pastor (previously a lawyer ..... go figure) for more than 45 years in ministry I understand something of your deep sadness having dealt with death and dying in that time. To know what to say to grieving folks is often difficult. The hope that Jesus brings is real. From your posts, I think I recall that you play in the band at your church? I believe that you know the God of all grace can bring comfort and the joy of precious memories in the midst of your pain. I realise that forums often don't appreciate the "religious" element being introduced into threads but there are times when it is appropriate. No matter what people on this forum believe or don't believe, my experience of years on here, tells me that there are a lot of caring guys here who sincerely feel for you and that is evidenced by the number of replies. Every blessing Rod and thanks for your contribution to this community. Peter

Im so sad for your loss, I hope and pray you can keep strong, think about all of the good you spent with her, if that helps... and my sincere condolences.
God Bless....

🙏

After 3 years of lurking here, I feel moved to post. I lost my wife 3 and a half years ago, so I can imagine your pain. I'm so sorry this happened and you have my deepest sympathies. It was unbelievably difficult for me at first, but over time the pain has lessened enough to start learning how to live again. Please be patient with yourself, healing will come. Just like recovering from a traumatic physical injury you need time mend and then slowly start moving again until you regain function. The time it has taken for me has been brutal but relief does come. I hope you will find peace and relief.

Post excerpt from Geriatric: The hope that Jesus brings is real. From your posts, I think I recall that you play in the band at your church? I believe that you know the God of all grace can bring comfort and the joy of precious memories in the midst of your pain. I realise that forums often don't appreciate the "religious" element being introduced into threads but there are times when it is appropriate. No matter what people on this forum believe or don't believe, my experience of years on here, tells me that there are a lot of caring guys here who sincerely feel for you and that is evidenced by the number of replies. ---------"This cannot be understated"

sincerely--Mike

The only thing I can say is that things will get better if you allow them too. I too have had devastating issues in my life... I was lifted up by friends, family, and strangers. I reached out to them and trusted them. Some 20+ years later, I feel blessed because I trusted something better would unfold itself to me. Good luck and prayers to you and your family!

Back
Top Bottom