My wife got me a Mono m80 dual case with a tick bag. Whats your thought on them.

Just started using the Guitar Dual on our last gig, Scott. Loved it. Mono was giving away a Guitar Tick with them in December, but I bought one elsewhere before they had them back in stock. Heavy with two 513s in there, but not as bad as two PRS cases loaded!
That's great to hear.

Just started using the Guitar Dual on our last gig, Scott. Loved it. Mono was giving away a Guitar Tick with them in December, but I bought one elsewhere before they had them back in stock. Heavy with two 513s in there, but not as bad as two PRS cases loaded!
Have you tried putting your ax8 in one of the guitar sleeves? Trying to see if that could potentially work?

Have you tried putting your ax8 in one of the guitar sleeves? Trying to see if that could potentially work?
@arc, no I actually tried a couple of Mono bag type cases. The Producer will work, but is a very, very tight fit. I settled on the 365, which is larger but suits my needs perfectly. Having now gigged with it, I can say it works perfectly for what I wanted.

Several here went with the Kontroller on the AX8s, and have had good luck there also. It is smaller than the 365, and more "briefcase" in shape if that is your preference.

PRS hard cases are too heavy to haul around. I have a lot around here... ;-))

@arc, no I actually tried a couple of Mono bag type cases. The Producer will work, but is a very, very tight fit. I settled on the 365, which is larger but suits my needs perfectly. Having now gigged with it, I can say it works perfectly for what I wanted.

Several here went with the Kontroller on the AX8s, and have had good luck there also. It is smaller than the 365, and more "briefcase" in shape if that is your preference.

I bought the Kontroller, but then also picked up the used 365 you posted. Hasn't arrived yet....

Well - the M80 looks great to me - but Mrs Burrow is infinitely greater for buying it for Mr Burrow.

I want one now (M80 that is .... I have my own Mrs already :) )

I bought the Kontroller, but then also picked up the used 365 you posted. Hasn't arrived yet....
That's funny David, I wondered who snapped it up! I actually went back to get it as a spare if no one here got it. It's a nice case, I really like mine. A lot of room and it isn't near as big to carry as it appears in the video we were discussing. Good luck either way you go with them.

I decided to keep the Producer bag for other projects. If I really had to downsize for a flight, I would stuff my AX8 in and use that, but it'll be the 365 otherwise.

That's funny David, I wondered who snapped it up! I actually went back to get it as a spare if no one here got it. It's a nice case, I really like mine. A lot of room and it isn't near as big to carry as it appears in the video we were discussing. Good luck either way you go with them.

I decided to keep the Producer bag for other projects. If I really had to downsize for a flight, I would stuff my AX8 in and use that, but it'll be the 365 otherwise.

I love these bags. Have my music books, ipad, business cards, batteries, ipod cables, etc.. For my acoustic gig in a Fader bag I picked up new for $50 on Ebay. Listed for $69 and made an offer. Forgot about it then... another one joins the team.

Reverb is having a deal where some shops have mono 365s for 15% off until tomorrow. Do you think that is a good deal or wait until something better comes along? I'm not in a hurry, didn't get on the wait list until the day after Christmas so a case is not a need until I actually have the Ax8, which might be 2017 lol.

Reverb is having a deal where some shops have mono 365s for 15% off until tomorrow. Do you think that is a good deal or wait until something better comes along? I'm not in a hurry, didn't get on the wait list until the day after Christmas so a case is not a need until I actually have the Ax8, which might be 2017 lol.
You can wait and shop for a used one. The unit David is referring to was in good shape, and was about $100 shipped. Honestly, I don;t know how often they come up for sale. I bought mine used direct from Mono, and 15% off would have been nice!

No way I can do a single-load with hard cases. With the Mono it's on my back, rack in one hand, pedalboard bag in the other. Done. It's two trips with hard cases. City gigs are easy with the Mono.
So, uh, you gig alone? ;)
Just saying; there is always one band member who has his hands free. Mostly the vocalist. Let him work for all the attention he's getting.

Back
Top Bottom