1. Recent events require us to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

My versatile passive Wah pedal for MFC101...

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Discussion' started by Jul H, Jun 6, 2018.

1. #1 Jul H, Jun 6, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    Jul H

Jul H
    Expand Collapse
    Rookie

Hey there! Welcome to my first post in this forum. If I'm doing something wrong here or use inappropriate language (I'm just a German guy...), let me know.

I want to show you my version of a versatile and easy to use wah controller specially made for the MFC. It is made of an old crybaby (which I did not like anyway), a single-button channel-selector stompbox, some minor electronic parts (switches, LEDs...), some mechanical parts (springs,nails...) and a plexi-glass plate so put everything together.

What you get:
    - Spring-loaded Wah Controller (Auto-Engage)
    - One switch to control X/Y wah status, so you get 2 different wahs
    - Another Switch, I use it to engage a Graphic EQ after the wah block.
    - One switch is next to the wah, one is in the wah, where the activating switch was
    - LEDs, that indicate switching status
    - automatic on/off-switching when pressing the lever (settings made in the AFX)
    - only two jacks: one for switching (stereo-jack, two functions), one for the continuous controller

If you want to copy my build I am happy to send you instructions and the settings for the Axe FX.
    If you've built something else in this territory, please add it so I can learn from your approaches.

Feel free to comment and make suggestions.

EDIT: The battery is only there to power the LEDs and it lasts very long. The rest is just controlling, no audio involved.

Attached Files:

2. Alex-Sabeski

Alex-Sabeski
    Expand Collapse
    Apprentice

How did you attach those springs?

3. Stringmanipulator

Stringmanipulator
    Expand Collapse
    Forum Addict

Cool I love DIY projects :)
    thank you for sharing :)