My versatile passive Wah pedal for MFC101...

D

DM45110

Hey there! Welcome to my first post in this forum. If I'm doing something wrong here or use inappropriate language (I'm just a German guy...), let me know.

I want to show you my version of a versatile and easy to use wah controller specially made for the MFC. It is made of an old crybaby (which I did not like anyway), a single-button channel-selector stompbox, some minor electronic parts (switches, LEDs...), some mechanical parts (springs,nails...) and a plexi-glass plate so put everything together.

What you get:
- Spring-loaded Wah Controller (Auto-Engage)
- One switch to control X/Y wah status, so you get 2 different wahs
- Another Switch, I use it to engage a Graphic EQ after the wah block.
- One switch is next to the wah, one is in the wah, where the activating switch was
- LEDs, that indicate switching status
- automatic on/off-switching when pressing the lever (settings made in the AFX)
- only two jacks: one for switching (stereo-jack, two functions), one for the continuous controller

If you want to copy my build I am happy to send you instructions and the settings for the Axe FX.
If you've built something else in this territory, please add it so I can learn from your approaches.

Feel free to comment and make suggestions.

EDIT: The battery is only there to power the LEDs and it lasts very long. The rest is just controlling, no audio involved.

Attachments

• Wah_01.JPG
    Wah_01.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 69
  • Wah_02.JPG
    Wah_02.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 64
  • Wah_03.JPG
    Wah_03.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Wah_04.JPG
    Wah_04.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Wah_05.JPG
    Wah_05.JPG
    87.6 KB · Views: 61
  • Wah_06.JPG
    Wah_06.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Wah_07.JPG
    Wah_07.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 66
Last edited by a moderator:
@Alex-Sabeski :

The spring are held in place by nails that serve as center poles. these go from the upper plate through holes in the body of the wah. The heads of the nails are kept in place by the rubber mat, which prevents the nails from slipping upwards through your foot.

So basically it's a push-spring around a nail, just choose as many as you need to get the tension you need.

The steps are:
1) take rubber mat off
2) drill small holes in foot-plate and in body (nearly in one line, so a nail can go from one to the other, top to bottom)
3) hold spring in place and push nail trough holes and spring (repeat as often as needed)
4) put rubber mat back on
5) bend the nails in the body, so they don't touch the floor when fully pushing the wah plate.

Back
Top Bottom