My tone is back!!

moo cow

Inspired
Man, I've been struggling for about a year with my tone and could not for the life of me figure out what the deal was. I moved my home studio to another room which caused me to break down my whole set up. Upon reconfiguring I tried playing through my studio monitors instead of my usual 12" FRFR speakers. I noticed the tone was back. So I investigated. Turns out I had a blown tweeter. It still worked but the tone sucked. Popped in a new tweeter and hot dang!!

%2Fmethode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F05f43d38-e7c1-11e5-b34f-8cb8b003b8aa.jpg

Man, I've been struggling for about a year with my tone and could not for the life of me figure out what the deal was. I moved my home studio to another room which caused me to break down my whole set up. Upon reconfiguring I tried playing through my studio monitors instead of my usual 12" FRFR speakers. I noticed the tone was back. So I investigated. Turns out I had a blown tweeter. It still worked but the tone sucked. Popped in a new tweeter and hot dang!!

Oh man, that must have been such a frustrating year. Playing with crap sound so takes the fun out of it. You must be creating blisters now to make up for lost pleasure.. enjoy!

Yeah, it wasn't the greatest. I turned back to playing my amps more so it wasn't at a total loss. But I knew what it "used to" sound like and I just couldn't get there again. Was losing trust in my ears.

(sung to the tune of My Boyfriend's Back by The Angels)

It went away and ruined my sound
And bothered me, every night
And when I plugged in and tried my rig
It would make sounds that weren't very nice

My tone is back and you're gonna be in trouble
(Hey-la-day-la my tone is back)
When I hit those strings it is better than a Dumble
I was freaking out, didn't know just what to do
But look out now 'cause my tone is sounding true

What FRFR was you using that way I know not to use that kind lol

Back
Top Bottom