My thoughts on the Axe FX

steve_k

Inspired
As an amateur musician and part time gigging guitarist I feel quite confident that there is absolutely no way I could achieve the awesome FOH direct tone with amps/FX that I can with the Axe FX rig. I tried for years to be pleased and content. Took only a few hours with the Axe to accomplish this task and full satisfaction.

So pleased with my Axe rig. Thank you Fractal.

Steve

You confirm what I think: the AxeFX is "there".

My teacher has a lovely '69 Fender Princeton Reverb amp. It's a beautiful amp, much better than the reissues I've played, but when I come home from my lesson and plug into my AxeFX 2 I don't feel like I'm wanting. That's the ultimate test for me.

You're preaching to the choir here. I have to agree, my Axe sounds so balanced when I listen back to live recordings. Valve amps really are hit and miss in comparison, that's the beauty of Axe, you get a consistant sound night after night.

Absolutely. I'm thrilled by the quality, variety and flexibility of the Fractal rig.
Couldn't be happier with my current tones.

It's just so damn easy in comparison. I am thinking about throwing down on another II to have for a back up and messing with. Have one in the rack and rigged up. One to edit and test on. Anybody else as OCD as me?

Absolutely. I'm thrilled by the quality, variety and flexibility of the Fractal rig.
Couldn't be happier with my current tones.
I second that. I'm using amps now that I didn't care for before and getting great tones. Steve that sounds like a great idea,by the way did I tell you I building a guitar ,O look a squirrel. OCD, oh not me

Back
Top Bottom