AFIII My take on Shatteredsquare's modulated tape idea

Budda

Axe-Master
I got things a bit tame using the quantize function. I also added some drive. Unfortunately the signal coming in was still a little hot, so don't turn up your speakers too loud. Or do, I'm not in charge.

Edit: preset now attached

Attachments

• Bad Delay.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
@shatteredsquare @Budda you guys are doing cool things with your delay experiments. If you need some manual control of the parameters instead of LFO-driven control, you can always assign tape speed to a performance control on the front screen!

I have an expression pedal at the ready, just haven't hooked it up yet. Still not sure how the perform screen works tbh. There's so much I don't know.

This is sick!

Thank you very much!

I'll upload the preset tomorrow, as it's nearly time to dream about what else this can do.

Related: If you assign the astable LFO to the time on reverse delay, it's interesting.

Still not sure how the perform screen works tbh

You use axe edit to build a custom control panel with whatever you want, I just did it first time today too, I seriously could use up like 5 global perform pages easy if they were available, you'd never have to block dive again...

20200128_211933.jpg

@shatteredsquare @Budda give this a rip - I've got an expression pedal tied to the FC pedal 1 to move the motor speed, control switch 1 to toggle the stack feature while scene 1 has delay - looper and scene 2 does looper - delay. So you can stack up some stuff with the delay block, capture it with the looper and then switch to scene 2 and feed that loop back through the delay for motor-speed stretching and more stacking. Switch back to scene 1 to sample the new stack with the looper, rinse and repeat.

Comp at the end of the chain is setup as a limiter to avoid clipping.

Attachments

• Tape Loops 3.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 9
you can stack up some stuff with the delay block, capture it with the looper and then switch to scene 2 and feed that loop back through the delay for motor-speed stretching and more stacking. Switch back to scene 1 to sample the new stack with the looper, rinse and repeat

it's all fun and games until you open up an interdimensional portal and australia gets flipped right side up

I got things a bit tame using the quantize function. I also added some drive. Unfortunately the signal coming in was still a little hot, so don't turn up your speakers too loud. Or do, I'm not in charge.

Edit: preset now attached

This sounds like a formula 1 race on acid, LOL!
Cool stuff btw

Thanks to Cliff - this preset sounds good because the depth of the LFO in the delay block itself is 100%. Bring that back down to 10% and let the wildness of the astable LFO begin!

For kicks I've made LFO 2 a very slow sine wave, and attached that to the Duty parameter. Mix low and let things get weird underneath your playing.

Back
Top Bottom