My review

Digital Man

Inspired
Just received my Axe Fx 3 today. I’m coming from a Kemper. The Kemper took me 2 years to figure out I needed to turn off settings that made it sound like a vst emulator. These are stock settings, it’s crazy!! The amps in the Kemper, some were great, but I couldn’t do much of anything with the profile once I had it. I didn’t have any boutique amps so I had someone else’s sound, who wants that? Also, one last thing about the Kemper, in order to do any kind of live manipulations of settings I had to learn how to program using NPRN. This, took me months to figure out. It requires that you send 4 separate midi messages in order to adjust one setting live using a custom midi controller.

Now, within minutes with the Axe Fx I was able to dial in perfectly a Profile from my Kemper (Mbritt 62 Fender Twin) and make it so much clearer, cleaner and with more sustain then I’ve ever been able to do on the Kemper. Then, to control the rate on a chorus with a expression pedal took me 2 minutes to program using my midi controller. Plus, I was able to get the sound I’ve been hearing in my head with many amplifiers within minutes with the Axe Fx.

If you want to create amazing sounds that are truly in your head the Axe is for you. I used to design and sell my own custom guitar effects and synthesizers so, the Axe Fx is truly an amazing tool.

Back
Top Bottom