• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Wish My remaining usability wishes for the III

yek

My personal top usability wishes:
  1. “Swap channels" on hardware
  2. Better prevention of cables breaking when moving columns / rows
  3. Link Amp and Cab channels
  4. Editor: when saving Snapshots, save system data too (for Global blocks)
  5. System-wide modifier control, to be able to control Cut, Fat, Sat etc. in the Amp block without having to assign controllers in every preset
  6. Editor: allow selecting a range of blocks, to copy-and-paste across presets or to delete
  7. Separate backup/restore command for FC controllers configuration in Fractal-Bot
  8. When editing a block on the hardware, keep displaying the CPU meter in the top bar (hardware)
  9. Editor: add "Previous Preset" keyboard shortcut or button
  10. Add "Schaffer Replica" trick to Compressor
  11. Add a direct pass-through in Cab block to Output
  12. Editor: select a header (block) in Scene Manager and it not only shows its channel per scene, but also the selected effect type within the block per scene
  13. Add an entry to the Global menu to quick-jump to User Cabs
  14. Option to automatically unlink Global blocks when exporting multiple presets
  15. Add channels or presets to the Global EQ and to Input 1 Gain

Last edited:

ak301

Experienced
  1. Swap channels (hardware and editor)
  2. Stop breaking cables when moving blocks / columns / rows
  3. Ability to link Amp and Cab channels
  4. System data (for Global blocks) when saving Snapshots in editor
  5. System-wide modifiers
  6. Axe-Edit: ability to select a range of blocks, to copy-and-paste across presets or to delete
  7. Separate backup/restore command for FC controllers configuration in Fractal-Bot.
  8. When editing a block on the hardware, display the CPU meter
  9. "Previous Preset" keyboard shortcut or button, in editor
  11. Direct pass-through in Cab block to output
  12. Expand Scene Manager: select a header (block) and the Scene Manager not only shows its channel per scene, but also the selected effect type within the block per scene
  13. Option in Global menu to quick-jump to User Cabs
  14. Option to automatically unlink Global blocks when exporting
Agreed, especially 6.. This would be so useful

yek

Agreed. With previous generation devices, you could import blocks from other patches from the front panel but this facility disappeared with Axe III. What do folk do now to import/copy across blocks from preset A into preset B?
Hardware: only through Global blocks.

Editor: copy/paste, or Block Library, or Global blocks.

jclemensfl

Inspired
I love usability improvements. These are all great.

But Number 6, especially, would be a huge help and time saver.

Is this a separate wish somewhere?

Dave Merrill

Power User
+1 on copying multiple blocks.

Even just putting the blocks down disconnected from everything else except maybe each other, which is kind of the only practical way to do it. That would save a lot of time and screwing around.

Joe Bfstplk

Fractal Fanatic
I’d add.

1. Axe-Edit: ability to select a range of per-preset foot switches, to copy-and-paste across presets or to delete
+1

+1 on copying multiple blocks.

Even just putting the blocks down disconnected from everything else except maybe each other, which is kind of the only practical way to do it. That would save a lot of time and screwing around.
+1

I'd add making a large percentage of the unmodifiable knobs and switches modifiable. I doubt the deep amp params would be useful, but certainly the input and output EQ sliders would, as well as the PEQ knobs and many others in many other areas (LFO Output B Phase, please!!!). Got a taste of it from the recent AxeEdit update's apparent bug allowing it. Would like to see this bug elevated to being a feature....

Last edited:

Chris B.

1. Add "Swap channels" function (hardware and editor)
  2. Prevent cables from breaking when moving blocks / columns / rows
  3. Option to link Amp and Cab channels
  4. When saving Snapshots, save System data too (for Global blocks)
  5. System-wide modifiers, to be able to switch Cut, Fat, Sat etc. in the Amp block without having to assign controllers in every preset
  6. Allow Axe-Edit to select a range of blocks, to copy-and-paste across presets or to delete
  7. Separate backup/restore command for FC controllers configuration in Fractal-Bot
  8. When editing a block on the hardware, keep displaying the CPU meter in the top bar
  9. Add "Previous Preset" keyboard shortcut or button to editor
  12. Expand Scene Manager: select a header (block) and the Scene Manager not only shows its channel per scene, but also the selected effect type within the block per scene
  14. Add an option to automatically unlink Global blocks when exporting presets
+1 on items: 1, 2, & 6.

ak301

Experienced
  1. “Swap channels" on hardware
  2. Better prevention of cables breaking when moving columns / rows
  3. Link Amp and Cab channels
  4. Editor: when saving Snapshots, save system data too (for Global blocks)
  5. System-wide modifier control, to be able to control Cut, Fat, Sat etc. in the Amp block without having to assign controllers in every preset
  6. Editor: allow selecting a range of blocks, to copy-and-paste across presets or to delete
  8. When editing a block on the hardware, keep displaying the CPU meter in the top bar
  9. Editor: add "Previous Preset" keyboard shortcut or button
  12. Editor: select a header (block) in Scene Manager and it not only shows its channel per scene, but also the selected effect type within the block per scene
  14. Option to automatically unlink Global blocks when exporting presets
Still would like 6, 9 too

Be great to change the keyboard commands to the users preferences

Top Bottom