My Recording Preset

Axe-Master
I took the Axe-III down to the studio to track some new Ragdoll tunes and started from scratch with a two amp blend; we ended up settling on the Euro Uber + V30's (@yorkaudio) blended with a touch of the Atomica and some GB's (@ownhammer ) and it sounded pretty monstrous. The preset is linked below as well as a video breakdown (I really need to replace my pop filter too).

PRESET - http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=6475

VIDS

Thank you very much! Very nicely done. The Uber has always been a difficult amp model for me to dive into, so this is extremely helpful.

Thank you very much! Very nicely done. The Uber has always been a difficult amp model for me to dive into, so this is extremely helpful.

I find the trick is generally to balance the bass and depth carefully and then either crank the treble and back off Presence (which makes it a little more like a Recto) or boost the Presence and back off the treble (a little more Marshall-like). Finding a balanced IR to turn it with helps a lot too.

Reactions: mtb
Thank you very much for this nasty/beautiful sculpted tone. I marvel at your ability to present such spectacular sounds in a pleasant almost self effacing manner. I just tried this in an old mix that has been sitting around...now? IT’S ALIVE! Fantastic mate! Thank you again.

Thank you Leon
Awesome , I don’t know if you have seen Mark Tremonti new MT amp
Which was basically a Recto mated w and Uber but this tone sounds pretty close to my ears
Either way killer modern hi gain

Thank you Leon
Awesome , I don’t know if you have seen Mark Tremonti new MT amp
Which was basically a Recto mated w and Uber but this tone sounds pretty close to my ears
Either way killer modern hi gain

I really want to try one of those, but this blend on the Axe will still be my reference point :p

Thank you very much for this nasty/beautiful sculpted tone. I marvel at your ability to present such spectacular sounds in a pleasant almost self effacing manner. I just tried this in an old mix that has been sitting around...now? IT’S ALIVE! Fantastic mate! Thank you again.

Would love to hear clips of it!

Thanks again for sharing the preset! Also many thanks for the Ragdoll Studio diary! I’m stoked or the new recording. From the clips you have shared it’s gonna be killer!

Thanks again Leon
Such a great preset and easy to use as template to switch out other amps like a Jcm800 in place of the atomica
Also your tips on the Uber treble pres
Really change the character

Thanks again Leon
Such a great preset and easy to use as template to switch out other amps like a Jcm800 in place of the atomica
Also your tips on the Uber treble pres
Really change the character

The Brit #34 works really well too. For something different try the 59 Bassman with the Uber :D

So I just spent some time with this preset and I have to say this is my new all time favorite, “go to” preset. Particularly Scene 1 Atomica. It is very tight and articulate. You can hear each and every note of a chord ring out clearly. Very, very well done @2112 Leon! Many thanks!

Back
Top Bottom