My power socket wiggles.

Shit just replace it. It’s a $2 component that’s available everywhere.

Are we sure it's the actual cord...? He said the "socket" wiggles. Unless the OP is not describing the issue correctly, it sounds like it may be internal. If that is the case, I would stick with "contact support" option.

So the plug for the power cord on my AX8 seems to be loose. What should I do?

When you say it wiggles exactly how much does it do that? I checked the one on my AX8 and it does move slightly but not a lot. I'm pretty sure but not 100% positive that the piece just snaps into the chassis and is wired from there.

When you say it wiggles exactly how much does it do that? I checked the one on my AX8 and it does move slightly but not a lot. I'm pretty sure but not 100% positive that the piece just snaps into the chassis and is wired from there.
Sorry I forgot to check this thread. Not sure but I could definitely see inside the unit through there. I need to investigate further when I get home.

Mine wiggles a little bit as well. Sixstring is probably right in that it’s a piece that snaps in place and is wired from there.

I usually just hold the socket in place with my hand when removing the power cord, just as a safety precaution.

Are we sure it's the actual cord...? He said the "socket" wiggles. Unless the OP is not describing the issue correctly, it sounds like it may be internal. If that is the case, I would stick with "contact support" option.
An IEC socket is about two dollars. A mental midget could replace it in about 5 minutes.

An IEC socket is about two dollars. A mental midget could replace it in about 5 minutes.

So, even though you claim you are able to perform the task with your unfortunate physical and mental deficiencies as human... Regardless, the question still remains, is the unit is still under warranty... ?

If it is, contact support.

Either way, as a production owner I would still prefer OEM parts over a $2 Home Depot hack. But hey, knock yourself out and best of luck to you little guy. =:·)

Back
Top Bottom