My Petrucci rhythm patch. Yes, another one.

pitch3120

Attachments

• Ritmica Petrucci.syx
    2 KB · Views: 501
Last edited:
Tidy that
thumbsup.gif

I've downloaded it and it'll be interesting to see how it compares with one I did for Whither

Thanks for sharing
).gif

I don't know the original, but IMHO this is one of the best rhythm patches that I've heard around here. Great first post and thanks for sharing :)

Thank you, guys. I made it with a spectrum analyzer, and then I realized that the IR Cali is the only one with the same hole in frecuency between 5200 y 5600khz like Petrucci sound on that album.
Shorty I´ll share a solo patch pretty close to Dream Theater last album sound.

Here you go the solo patch. It´s made for neck pickup playing. Reverb is opcional, personally, I think it´s not necessary.
You´ll need to set the IR up in the user slot 8.
The example is a song of mine. Sorry for the poor playing and rhythm sound but it was recorded at first take with cheap equipment, and obviously, I´m not JP.
Soloing by pitch3120 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

Attachments

• Solo Neckpk..syx
    2 KB · Views: 214
  • Solo IR.syx
    8 KB · Views: 173
Do any of you know why when I download those patches and load them from the preset folder in my axe edit, I got nothing on it ? It's like the preset is empty...
I have the last axe edit version and the last firmware for my axe fx ultra... I don't understand...
Thx !

I can try it, but, can you remenber me how much Cpu´s power has the stardard? Or, in other words, how many power can I use in my Ultra?

Here you go, the standard version. I don´t know if it´ll works, but, I can´t do more to reduce the cpu´s using without changing the sound drastically.
The II´s version will has to wait until I´ve got it. Sorry. I think somebody could do it for you.

Attachments

• Mesamix Ritmica Stand.syx
    2 KB · Views: 76
Made a version of this in the II tonight.
it's close but not as warm as yours, I've never used PEQ's in the "real amp world" so I'm a little lost on those.
I also changed th emic to a R421 sounded a little warmer.
It's in the II preset section with a short clip
I'll have to take a look at your lead patches and see what you're doing (this Patch was way more complicated than anything I have ever build on my own from scratch)

I listened your clip, and IMHO, the patch need much more gain, a little less mids and a little more bass. It´s curious how II responds in different way than Ultra does. It´s more natural. (I like it).
On the other hand, the secret of my solo patch is the user cab. It has more harmonics, and that´s the key. This patch is not so complicated, mainly it has a drive, one amp, eq (like a say, you need it), the effects (in parallel, that´s very important thing), the cabs and another eq which I used like high and low pass filter (another important thing). You can place them in different ways, but you need all of them.
This is another clip with a PRS custom 24 25th anniversary.
Tempus Fugit Video Solo Mp3 by pitch3120 on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

it's funny , I pretty much copied your settings over as close as I could and the gain structure is definitely different on the II.
Someone else has already tweaked it a bit so I'm going to take a look at that and see what he did.
I'm a high gain freak but I hate "fizz" and I'm constantly having that issue with the II right now.
Initially my version of your patch had even less gain to it, I actually brought it up a bit. I kept your master volume levels right where you had them , on the II this
apparently makes a much bigger difference than on the Ultra, so I'm going to try and bring those up a bit and see if I can get more gain out of it with out adding any "fizz".
thanks for sharing this
I need a tutorial on PEQ's and what each one actually does. LOL!

Back
Top Bottom