My "OMC9" setup

Glad it was helpful.

I tried to copy the setup post to the first one, but it is not showing the images, only links to them. I'll see if i can fix that

I wanted to say I appreciate the instructions. I got the mc8 over the weekend and had it programmed and ready to go in under two hours. Half of that time was due to my super old lap top. Works like a charm!

Thank you @hole for the explanation and @JRod4928 for the link to the configuration file. I would buy a FC6 but I don't have room for it on my travel board. The MC-6 is perfect size and I still have room for my tuner (I can't get away from a classic strobe tuner). This is super helpful!!

Thanks for the write up it was very helpful! This is my first attempt with MIDI. I was going nuts for a while when none of the buttons on the FM3 would change the banks on the MC6. It turned out that the general tab wasnt saved... Now it is working well. I do have a question though, Can i only select presets saved in the first 128? I have most of my personal presets in the 400's, I suppose I can access them without moving them?

Edit I found my answer
https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/access-bank-presets-via-midi.140171/

Last edited:
I am having trouble setting this up. I have programmed the MC6 to send midi to the FM3 before and I followed the instructions here, but I can't figure out why the FM3 isn't sending anything to my MC6. Maybe something in my MIDI/Remote settings or Global Settings? Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I went back through and, for some reason, the General Settings on my MC6 didn't save. (I must not have saved the settings before moving on). So, if you're having the issue I had, be sure to press the Save Settings (Requires Restart) button toward the middle/right of the editor.

I also had a hard time after this, too. You have to remember to disconnect from the Morningstar editor to test changes. I was scratching my head trying to figure out why a function wouldn't work. Turned out it needed to be disconnected from the editor. The MC6 is great, but my brain isn't what it used to be lol.

I just wanted to say that this has worked out GREAT for me. I went a little further as to create specific banks for my presets so I could label the scenes on my MC6 for my setlists.

Thanks again for paving the way, @hole

I just wanted to say that this has worked out GREAT for me. I went a little further as to create specific banks for my presets so I could label the scenes on my MC6 for my setlists.

Thanks again for paving the way, @hole

I think this is what I am looking to do
have presets for songs
then scenes inside the preset for parts of songs (intro, verse etc)
it would require a bank or the mc6 and a preset on the fm3, correct?

Syncs with the Axe-Fx III / FM3. Syncs preset name, scene name, active scene, block on/off state, block selected channel, tuner, tempo, looper,...

3 Pages, 2 fully programmable
On each page every button has normal press and long press.

Comes in 5 different models (5, 6, 9, 12 2x6, 12 3x4, 18)

The MX-12 3x4 has roughly the same size as the FC6, but double amount of buttons at a very competitive price and only needs 1 cable to connect to the Axe-Fx III / FM3 for midi and power.

More info on www.voes.be
Anyone know how voes syncs with the fractal stuff to get preset name, scene name, active scene, block on/off state, block selected channel, tuner, tempo, looper,...?

Is it something the MC6 is capable of?
I figured this was a good question for morningstar support. Ill let you guys know if I hear back.

Edit: I head back:

"Thanks for reaching out.
Currently, the only integration we have with Fractal is the ability to display the tuner information on the screen. We do have the other features like retrieving Preset/Scene names in the backlog, but it is currently not prioritised yet.
I hope that helps. Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions." - Morningstar

Looks like @voes is the only one who supports this!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom