My NYC Pedal Board Specs

Ventanaman

Inspired
For some reason over the past few months, I have been getting tons of PM's about my rather simple pedal board setup from NYC Pedal Boards. Instead of responding, and re-responding to each PM as they come in, I decided to just post everything here.

Here is my simple setup:
DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

What I have is a Mission EP-1 (gray/unfinished), a Fractal MFC-101, and a Mission SP-1 (black with Mission logo) with a LED indicator light. The EP-1 works "ok" as a volume pedal as it doesn't seem as precise as a dedicated volume pedal, but it works in my applications.

The cables are custom lengths, and made by me, using Mogami dual-conductor 22 AWG 95% braided cable, but any decent cable will due as theses are not in the signal chain. The connectors are all standard G&H TRS right angle plugs - nothing super fancy, but very good quality. Don't try to make your measurements and then order a cable at that length, it just never seems to work as expected. If you truly want custom length cables, then get a soldering iron, watch some YouTube videos, and do it yourself - it is not that complicated. I added a bit of red shrink tubing to the ends of the cables to indicate they are non-signal chain cables. In my rack I use blue tubing for the cables that carry actual sound signals - you can use whatever you want as it makes no difference; it is just something that keeps me organized.

The pedal board from NYC is a custom size: externally 29" long by 14" deep with their standard height of 3.5". The MFC fits snugly in the case attached with Velcro on the bottom and with the lid closed, the top row of buttons are slightly depressed. If I had to do it over again, I would probably go for another inch on length and depth just to give a bit more flexibility and storage space (which would be the dimensions of the Pedalhead - except keeping with the 3.5" height. The NYC pedal boards are awesome. I am a weekend warrior and this thing really holds up. If I were a touring musician, I would consider getting an ATA-rated case - which I bet the guys from NYC could do on a custom order. I really can't say enough about the quality of the board - I am extremely pleased.

My MIDI cable is from Best-Tronics (and I now use their CAT5 cable with the AxeII) - both are excellent. I use a 40' cable-just in case I want to route the connection from the MFC to the Axe around the side of the stage and out of my way.

The labels were made on a cheapo labeler and I have never had one come off.

That is basically it. You can order all the necessary cables and connectors from Best-Tronics and the board from NYC and have a fully custom professional setup without breaking the bank.

Rock On.

Thanks for sharing, I just wondered why you have the SP-1 connected to one of the switch intputs on the mfc? I'm sure mission suggested to plug into an extra expression pedal input when using the switch. Correct me If I'm wrong guys but i that right? If it works then great.

One other thing what's best Tronics ethernet cables like? Are they pretty high quality? I live in the UK and just wanted to make sure they were pretty solid before I order.

Thanks again
Paul

Nah. AFAIK and have seen, the switch plugs into a switch input, the pedal into an XP input.

Last edited:
I use the switch on the SP-1 to turn on/off my wah and the pedal output to control the wah sweep. It is just like a rack wah with this setup.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I use the switch on the SP-1 to turn on/off my wah and the pedal output to control the wah sweep. It is just like a rack wah with this setup.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

I was aware you had to do this. Its just I saw a mission video on youtube and James from mission said to plug but into the expression inputs on the mfc. He said that might sound a bit weird but its just the way the pedal is wired. Check out the vid on youtube. It probably doesn't matter but i just wanted to know why thats all.

Cheers

Paul

Expression Pedals for the Fractal Axe-Fx - YouTube

Hi there,

Excellent work on your board. It looks really professional and organized. I have just placed an order for the Pedalhead board with the 3.5" height. I had a question about your cable tie downs. Are those included on the board or are they aftermarket? I'm going to try and make my board look as good as yours. The rats nest of TRS cables is too much at the moment!

Thank you

-G5Man

Last edited:
Hi there,

Excellent work on your board. It looks really professional and organized. I have just placed an order for the Pedalhead board with the 3.5" height. I had a question about your cable tie downs. Are those included on the board or are they aftermarket? I'm going to try and make my board look as good as yours. The rats nest of TRS cables is too much at the moment!

-G5Man

They are just cheap plastic tie downs that you can get at any hardware store. You can either use the adhesive backing or secure them down with a small screw. Enjoy your board!

For some reason over the past few months, I have been getting tons of PM's about my rather simple pedal board setup from NYC Pedal Boards. Instead of responding, and re-responding to each PM as they come in, I decided to just post everything here.

Here is my simple setup:
DSC_0483.jpg

DSC_0463.jpg

DSC_0464.jpg

What I have is a Mission EP-1 (gray/unfinished), a Fractal MFC-101, and a Mission SP-1 (black with Mission logo) with a LED indicator light. The EP-1 works "ok" as a volume pedal as it doesn't seem as precise as a dedicated volume pedal, but it works in my applications.

The cables are custom lengths, and made by me, using Mogami dual-conductor 22 AWG 95% braided cable, but any decent cable will due as theses are not in the signal chain. The connectors are all standard G&H TRS right angle plugs - nothing super fancy, but very good quality. Don't try to make your measurements and then order a cable at that length, it just never seems to work as expected. If you truly want custom length cables, then get a soldering iron, watch some YouTube videos, and do it yourself - it is not that complicated. I added a bit of red shrink tubing to the ends of the cables to indicate they are non-signal chain cables. In my rack I use blue tubing for the cables that carry actual sound signals - you can use whatever you want as it makes no difference; it is just something that keeps me organized.

The pedal board from NYC is a custom size: externally 29" long by 14" deep with their standard height of 3.5". The MFC fits snugly in the case attached with Velcro on the bottom and with the lid closed, the top row of buttons are slightly depressed. If I had to do it over again, I would probably go for another inch on length and depth just to give a bit more flexibility and storage space (which would be the dimensions of the Pedalhead - except keeping with the 3.5" height. The NYC pedal boards are awesome. I am a weekend warrior and this thing really holds up. If I were a touring musician, I would consider getting an ATA-rated case - which I bet the guys from NYC could do on a custom order. I really can't say enough about the quality of the board - I am extremely pleased.

My MIDI cable is from Best-Tronics (and I now use their CAT5 cable with the AxeII) - both are excellent. I use a 40' cable-just in case I want to route the connection from the MFC to the Axe around the side of the stage and out of my way.

The labels were made on a cheapo labeler and I have never had one come off.

That is basically it. You can order all the necessary cables and connectors from Best-Tronics and the board from NYC and have a fully custom professional setup without breaking the bank.

Rock On.
. Hey my friend I just received my mfc 101. And saw your board... Just curious you wrote that it could of used a few more inches and how's the board in general in might want to buy one just like that

Back
Top Bottom