My (new) YT utility preset. How much can you fit into one preset? Download it and see.

Burgs

Power User
I sit around and demo pedals, guitars, amps and software all day, most days, for Youtube, Instagram, etc. I use the Axe-FX III as my platform of choice 99% of the time because I can configure it to do pretty much anything I want, quickly and very well. With the advent of the quite amazing FW 13.01 and the crazy-great Drive Block advancements, I thought it might be fun to write a sort of 'utility' preset; something I can call up often, stick any given pedal (usually a Tubescreamer...) into the I/O3 FX Loop and have at my feet a selection of: 8 classic amps; around 16 cabinets, 4 compressors, 4 phasers, 4 drives, 4 choruses, 4 delays, 4 reverbs, 4 tremolos, 4 Plex Delays, Rotary, Wah and switchable FX Loop. In one preset. Amazing, right? I think so. So this is that preset.

Axe-Change Preset link: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=8173

Here's my very loose video demo that will hopefully paint the picture. Rock on.

The Layout is attached also (remember to back up yours first!)

Attachments

• Burg OMG12MOD Full Layouts.fclayout
    93.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hey Burg!
Nice!
I like the Stomp Mode addition to the OMG12.
Nice sounds, nice demo and as always, thanks for your generosity with your knowledge and sharing!

Thanks for sharing this, Burgs. When you demo a fuzz pedal do you place it in your Out3 loop or in front of the Axe-FX?

Thanks for sharing this, Burgs. When you demo a fuzz pedal do you place it in your Out3 loop or in front of the Axe-FX?
I don't have much luck with fuzzes in the Out/In 3 loop. Especially if they're the old-school type with germanium parts, etc. But they're great through the front door. As long as they see the guitar first, they work fine and the Axe-FX III seems to love them. Guitars like Ernie Balls with their buffers or silent circuits can play nasty with them too. They favour the simple things like classic pickups and circuits.

Very cool, thanks :)

Any chance of a strat oriented version?
A fair question. The thing is, I voice the amp models fairly moderately so I can tweak them on the fly for any given guitar I feel like playing. This video was shot with a Charvel which has Seymour Duncan JB & SH1n pickups - medium output humbuckers. So the input drive is wound back to allow enough headroom for pedals to breathe but to also show off the qualities of the amp. If I, for example, decided to use a Strat, say the Eric Johnson, I would simply wind those inputs up a little and maybe back off some treble. But other than that, not much tweaking, because for me it's about retaining the character of the pickups/guitar and the interaction with the amp (model). One thing I never do is try to make a Les Paul sound like a Strat or Tele. They're different beasts with unique voices and that's the philosophy I've always worked with. So I respect your request and will do a Strat-able version sometime this week if I get a chance, but really, the above approach should work in the meantime. Thanks for checking it out!

A fair question. The thing is, I voice the amp models fairly moderately so I can tweak them on the fly for any given guitar I feel like playing. This video was shot with a Charvel which has Seymour Duncan JB & SH1n pickups - medium output humbuckers. So the input drive is wound back to allow enough headroom for pedals to breathe but to also show off the qualities of the amp. If I, for example, decided to use a Strat, say the Eric Johnson, I would simply wind those inputs up a little and maybe back off some treble. But other than that, not much tweaking, because for me it's about retaining the character of the pickups/guitar and the interaction with the amp (model). One thing I never do is try to make a Les Paul sound like a Strat or Tele. They're different beasts with unique voices and that's the philosophy I've always worked with. So I respect your request and will do a Strat-able version sometime this week if I get a chance, but really, the above approach should work in the meantime. Thanks for checking it out!
Hi Brett ,
Do you intend to tweak , update your Gilmour hiwatt Presets with the new drives .....it would be great !!!!!
thanks
Fafa

@Burgs another great video mate, they keep getting better and better and I really love your playing, really nice and smooth!!

I left you a comment in your channel as you did a demo of a Rangemaster that sounds supreme to my ears, I wonder if you have managed to recreate that sound in the FM3 or the AXE FX3 with the new upgraded Drive block as I really love how nicely that booster works.

Gracias amigo!!

@Burgs another great video mate, they keep getting better and better and I really love your playing, really nice and smooth!!

I left you a comment in your channel as you did a demo of a Rangemaster that sounds supreme to my ears, I wonder if you have managed to recreate that sound in the FM3 or the AXE FX3 with the new upgraded Drive block as I really love how nicely that booster works.

Gracias amigo!!

Hey. I'm not a huge fan of that 'original' Rangemaster, to be frank. The focus-frequency of that particular beast drove me crazy in the end and I was happy to sell it to the first person who wanted it. So it's gone now. I much prefer the BSM offerings and more so my own (dialled in) Axe-FX version that you're referring to. I'll work on that version a bit more when I can find some quality time and upload the block when I think it's ready. All the best to you.

Back
Top Bottom