My new Xitone cab that I've dubbed "The Hammer"

deathbyguitar

Power User
Just got the finished cab yesterday. It's a slight deviation from the Michael Britt design in that it's a fully sealed and also 2 inches deeper. I wanted something similar dimensions to the Mesa Recto 1x12 (which I loved way back when) and the Tech 21 Deuce Deluxe (which I was debating getting instead), both of which are 14 inches deep. I think the only thing I would have done differently is to have the cab be maybe an inch or two wider to be perfectly flush with my new SKB 4 space shallow rack which I didn't have at the time I ordered the cab.

As far as the sound, it's certainly deep and authoritative. Also very flat due to how Mick tunes the power amp. It's a work in progress for sure since I'm gonna need to go down a rabbit hole with IRs, EQ, and speaker impedance curves to get it perfect but I was expecting that regardless. I'll post a video in the coming days or weeks depending on how long it takes me to get perfectly situated with it. IMG_20200711_225902.jpgIMG_20200710_185305.jpg

Sweet! I`ve got Mick doing a Xitone Active Wedge for me atm.... loaded with the Celestion F12-X200. Really hoping it`s a good match for my future FM3.

Last edited:
How long did you have to wait to get it?
I put in an order over two weeks ago and all I’ve got so far was an email saying my order was being processed. That came the day after I submitted my purchase.
I also sent them an email and haven’t heard back.

Mick had to wait nearly 3 months to get a Celestion F12-X200 from Celestion..... for my Active Wedge build. Tbh the wait absolutely sucked. And what made it worse for me was that Mick didn`t keep me in the loop. But I eventually got his email reply saying he was waiting for the Speaker still. So, give Mick some time, he will get back to you. But as always, the waits gonna suck. ;p My Xitone Active Wedge with the Dayton Power Amp and F12-X200... is amazing. The end result made the wait bearable. ;p

Mick had to wait nearly 3 months to get a Celestion F12-X200 from Celestion..... for my Active Wedge build. Tbh the wait absolutely sucked. And what made it worse for me was that Mick didn`t keep me in the loop. But I eventually got his email reply saying he was waiting for the Speaker still. So, give Mick some time, he will get back to you. But as always, the waits gonna suck. ;p My Xitone Active Wedge with the Dayton Power Amp and F12-X200... is amazing. The end result made the wait bearable. ;p
Thanks for the reply.
The F12-X200. Does your cab have a DSP in it like the 12” open/closed back cab I ordered?
If it does have a DSP did he tune it/program it for the F12-X200?
Im using a Marshall Code 50 with the modelling turned off in the mean time....

How long did you have to wait to get it?
I put in an order over two weeks ago and all I’ve got so far was an email saying my order was being processed. That came the day after I submitted my purchase.
I also sent them an email and haven’t heard back.
Be patient. Mick’s lead times are pretty long but it is worth the wait. I love my XiTone.

Thanks for the reply.
The F12-X200. Does your cab have a DSP in it like the 12” open/closed back cab I ordered?
If it does have a DSP did he tune it/program it for the F12-X200?
Im using a Marshall Code 50 with the modelling turned off in the mean time....

All powered XiTones have the same DSP and tuning applied to them.

Back
Top Bottom