My new suhr custom tele black beauty noodling ... awsome

Beautiful looking guitar.

I finally got to try a couple of Suhrs last weekend. A bit of an anti-climax tbh. Maybe I've heard too much hype.

Beautiful looking guitar.

I finally got to try a couple of Suhrs last weekend. A bit of an anti-climax tbh. Maybe I've heard too much hype.
Its the first time I hear this ... but you know, at the end of the day, is a matter of taste !!! it also depends on what guitar u tried ... if it was a pro series ... the amp etc ... like PRS its not for everybody, some people love them some people hate them ....thinkin about it actually happens on all brands :p

Don't get me wrong openmind, it was a great, great guitar. I was playing through a fender amp of some description in a shop and it sounded fantastic, as good as anything else I tried. I think I had just built the thing up in my head and expected some kind of mystic voodoo in the neck. It was an Antique Custom I tried. I actually set out to buy the thing, and drove quite a way to get there. But I didn't feel that magic, I'm sure you know the feeling I'm talking about. Some guitars you pick up and feel like you never want to stop playing.

Like you said, it's a very personal thing in the end. Tbh I kind of regret posting the original comment, it sounds like a challenge to Suhr owners which it certainly is not. I guess I was just saying I didn't connect with the one I tried.

Don't get me wrong openmind, it was a great, great guitar. I was playing through a fender amp of some description in a shop and it sounded fantastic, as good as anything else I tried. I think I had just built the thing up in my head and expected some kind of mystic voodoo in the neck. It was an Antique Custom I tried. I actually set out to buy the thing, and drove quite a way to get there. But I didn't feel that magic, I'm sure you know the feeling I'm talking about. Some guitars you pick up and feel like you never want to stop playing.

Like you said, it's a very personal thing in the end. Tbh I kind of regret posting the original comment, it sounds like a challenge to Suhr owners which it certainly is not. I guess I was just saying I didn't connect with the one I tried.

I totally feel you on this. Sometimes you pick up an axe and have to have it - others not - and I don't think it has anything to do with the quality of the instrument.

Of course, I'd have been in the shop feeling every guitar up until I found the one :p hahahaha don't have $ that often to sink into a guitar, so gotta strike while the iron's hot!

Beautiful guitar. Love the tone. What amp/preset are you using?

this one was a suhr badger with bb preamp infront

oh man !!!! no worries, you gotta feel it !!!! First time I tried a Suhr was like ... man, this looks like its build for me ... sometimes you get this feeling sometimes you dont !!! So no matter what amp or guitar you tried, even the price ... I tried a super expensive guitar one time, and was like ... I cant feel nothing, then I tried a super cheap guitar, and for me the cheap one was 100% better ... for me !!! it doesnt mean that the next guy who try the cheap one feels like shit for him .. so ...

Is the maple old growth pulled from a river by any chance ? Either way it looks cool...

Like the playing too...

Why don't you shift this thread over into the "For Sale" section so I can make you an offer?
haha thats the first guitar I ever got as Suhr Endorser, so actually, means a lot to me !!!! but if someday I wanna sell it, I ll put it here ... for a good price .P

Back
Top Bottom