FM3 My new song "Joy" - (backing track available)

Ok, I'll bite. Practiced a few times to get the feel for the chord changes, then blew through a quick take, creaky strap-locks and all. :)

Thanks, Marco, for the backing track. :)

Yeah!!!!
I suggest you to cut a bit the IR high freq, add more delay and reverb in stereo mode ;)
Yeah, the top is a little sizzly. Could have pulled the 6600 slider back a bit more and brought up the 240 and 750 a bit, I guess. Tweaked the graphic in the preset for the future. A second set of ears is always a good thing.... :)

I pulled the left and right channel in a bit in the DAW to focus it a bit more in the center, as your backing track was a nice, wide stereo image with a place left conveniently for a centered lead voice. There's at least one strap-lock creak in one of the pauses at the end of the verses, too. 25 year old Schallers that could probably use a tiny bit of grease in there somewhere.... :)

Uploading a new copy with the suggested changes. 25 minutes, it says. :)

Last edited:
If record in stereo mode let the pan left and right otherwise you have a phase issue. That is the reason I hear something weird.
It is better to record in mono mode and use ambient effects on post producing by DAW

If record in stereo mode let the pan left and right otherwise you have a phase issue. That is the reason I hear something weird.
It is better to record in mono mode and use ambient effects on post producing by DAW
Usually that's how I do it, but right now something is weird in my Macbook and I can't access any of the USB i/o stuff from the AxeFX. I recorded straight off the SPDIF from Output 1. I could have probably pulled in Output 2 and tapped off before the post-amp effects, I suppose. Gotta figure out where the USB channels went. I installed Loopback and something else, and it hasn't been right since.

The copy uploading currently is 100% full stereo on my track this time, so that should get rid of any phasey issues. :)

Back
Top Bottom